It's happening the hornets are starting to stir...

RPSman

Need to start a new thread. In a Brown Cafe article, someone from Fed Ex Ground said that Fed Ex developed the first barcode for tracking packages in 1985. The first barcode was developed by Roadway Services R & D division for use by Roadway Package System-1985 to 1999. Fred Ex had neither the initiative nor was he technologically savvy enough to even investigate such a feature.
That posting was a half truth.

Fedexoffice_driver

Kind of strange that' you would be taking the attention away from the current post on something so irrelevant!??! Either your too new to technology or I smell shill,.!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Need to start a new thread. In a Brown Cafe article, someone from Fed Ex Ground said that Fed Ex developed the first barcode for tracking packages in 1985. The first barcode was developed by Roadway Services R & D division for use by Roadway Package System-1985 to 1999. Fred Ex had neither the initiative nor was he technologically savvy enough to even investigate such a feature.
That posting was a half truth.

I'm thinking no one cares but you. We are much more interested in FedEx Freight striking

barnyard

KTM rider
These guys aren't teamsters yet right? What are they striking for? It's not very clear in the article.
My take on the article is that they are trying to organize and they feel that FE is illegally blocking a vote or illegally harassing union supporters. If I am correct and they do not have a union, they also do not have any job protections.

It appears that these drivers are putting their money where their mouths are. I hope they succeed.

bbsam

Staff member
My take on the article is that they are trying to organize and they feel that FE is illegally blocking a vote or illegally harassing union supporters. If I am correct and they do not have a union, they also do not have any job protections.

It appears that these drivers are putting their money where their mouths are. I hope they succeed.
I wonder if the striking drivers understand this.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
These guys aren't teamsters yet right? What are they striking for? It's not very clear in the article.
Off the top of my head (without researching it), I'd say they are striking for recognition of their union. I doubt they did this without researching whether or not it is a protected act.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1447164752.695928.jpg

Yozh69

No union activity at my FXF location today. Nor has there been since I was hired three months ago. Funny thing is there is a Teamster hall about 3 miles away. Frankly, as a new driver, I don't see a union doing anything for me so I really don't care if they try to organize or not.

It will be fine

If I am correct and they do not have a union, they also do not have any job protections.

I was reading on another board that labor law still protects striking workers if they are striking for unfair labor practices. Their jobs are still covered and they can't be dismissed for striking. It would probably take a ruling by the NLRB to protect these guys though. Takes some serious balls to do this without a union.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was reading on another board that labor law still protects striking workers if they are striking for unfair labor practices. Their jobs are still covered and they can't be dismissed for striking. It would probably take a ruling by the NLRB to protect these guys though. Takes some serious balls to do this without a union.

There were 2 fired from a local company (not FE) during an organizing campaign. It took 2 years for their cases to wind through the process. They both won, but they were without jobs and the income that goes with it for 2 years.

The law is on their side. Hopefully, they have the savings to keep up until the law finds in their favor.

dex 84

If FedEx Freight was able to unionize then Express would really start hurting for trailer drivers. They're already begging every courier with a Class A to go back to the big trucks...