Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay

Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay. I didnt even know they could do that. They are saying because they gave everyone a raise is why they have to do it and they only have to give us 2 weeks notice.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Its official ..my station starting Jan has cut guaranteed pay. I didnt even know they could do that. They are saying because they gave everyone a raise is why they have to do it and they only have to give us 2 weeks notice.

They can do whatever they want to do. This is how FedEx works... whatever is given will be taken away somewhere else. It's always been their MO.

BootsOnTarmac

Was the notice in writing? As MrFedEx said, they can do what they want for guaranteed pay since you are an "At Will" employee.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Check to see whether the policy was changed or not. If not, call HR and start raising hell. That could be one SM seeing how much he can get away with.

Last edited:
I have been trying to get the HR for our station on the phone. You have to leave and msg and wait for a call back, this is beyond frustrating.

vantexan

Any senior who would try this without the company's knowledge is risking termination. Might be he jumped the gun on announcing this. A number of things could be happening. Obamacare is in full gear for businesses in 2017, although Trump is looking to end it. Also if true about Amazon dumping us there may just be less work for many rts. Glad I'm leaving!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Was the notice in writing? As MrFedEx said, they can do what they want for guaranteed pay since you are an "At Will" employee.

I'm sur
Check to see whether the policy was changed or not. If not, call HR and start raising hell. That could be one SM seeing how much he can get away with.

I'm surprised that a manager would announce this while they still need you so our customers will be delighted.

dvalleyjim

Fred will suffer when jobs come back to America and he will have to compete. Already the liberal propaganda on FX tv has come down at my terminal. We will leave FX for good paying jobs and EX will be scrambling in their cronie capitalist, globalist cesspool!

Oldfart

Haven't heard anything around here. Besides a swing during a slow vacation time, we don't have anyone getting paid the minimum. Even our pt people get plenty of hours year round. Guess that is the benefit of working at a station that stays lean on people.

bbsam

Staff member
Any senior who would try this without the company's knowledge is risking termination. Might be he jumped the gun on announcing this. A number of things could be happening. Obamacare is in full gear for businesses in 2017, although Trump is looking to end it. Also if true about Amazon dumping us there may just be less work for many rts. Glad I'm leaving!
You're leaving? Again?

bbsam

Staff member
Fred will suffer when jobs come back to America and he will have to compete. Already the liberal propaganda on FX tv has come down at my terminal. We will leave FX for good paying jobs and EX will be scrambling in their cronie capitalist, globalist cesspool!
What sector will these great jobs be in?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What sector will these great jobs be in?

Trump & Company won't say, but my guess is landscape maintenance, fast food/restaurant work, and the agricultural industry.

All of the jobs that white, uneducated Americans won't do. They expect $30 per hour jobs from Mr. Trump, with no effort needed on their part.

I'm sure he will come through for them.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Fred will suffer when jobs come back to America and he will have to compete!
I see "jobs coming back to America" going the same way as "lock her up!"

All that feel-good patriotic rah-rah talk sounds real nice and makes "fantastic" soundbites, but in reality we don't actually want manufacturing to return to the good ol' USA anyway.

We've gotten way too used to paying cheap prices for the toys we all enjoy. Nobody wants to give $2k for a 48" TV that goes up in smoke after 6 months. The one that was QA'd by Buford of Bugtussel, whose sole thought in his fat little head is grabbing that cold sixer of Milwaukee's Best at the Sack 'o Suds to guzzle in his pickup on the ride home to mama.

'Made in USA' doesn't automatically translate to quality - in fact I've personally experienced far too many instances of quite the opposite.

We can wave all the flags we want - let us not delude ourselves, it's not like Americans exactly enjoy a global reputation for a stellar work ethic. This isn't 1942.

Back to "lock her up!", Donald already cheerfully admitted "that's just the kind of stuff we say during the campaign, right?", Why should we think that's the only promise he'll renege on?

I definitely was not for Hillary, but I predict a year from now there's going to be a "yuuuge" amount of disillusionment amongst the Trump faithful.....and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.