It's Vacation Bidding Time!!!

Zachtt92

It is that vacation time of the year! How is everyone doing on their bidding? Already took you vacations earlier??
Need to bid mine really soon! I hear that they schedule your vacation for you if you don't bid???

Zach

Schweddy

Balls
It's been talked about a bit on a different thread in the FedEx section already. I'm guessing they pick for you if you don't. I would bid though.. we did ours a while back.

overflowed

I'll give my 2 cents on bidding. This is from my perspective. I started at a large station. Most large stations have a lot of OG people been there a long time. If you are in a very large metro station I hope you like skiing. This is what I did. I didn't schedule back then at all. I bugged the scheduling manager all summer about cancellations. I always got summer vacations till I could bid my own. YMMV.

overflowed

I'll give my 2 cents on bidding. This is from my perspective. I started at a large station. Most large stations have a lot of OG people been there a long time. If you are in a very large metro station I hope you like skiing if you're new. This is what I did. I didn't schedule back then at all. I bugged the scheduling manager all summer about cancellations. I always got summer vacations till I could bid my own. YMMV.

!Retired!

Bidding starts Monday. I handed mine in yesterday because I'm off this week. After the past 2 days, I need it. We had peak volume due to the snow (15000+ Thursday, 14000+yesterday, 8000-9000 is normal).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'll give my 2 cents on bidding. This is from my perspective. I started at a large station. Most large stations have a lot of OG people been there a long time. If you are in a very large metro station I hope you like skiing.

It's like that in small stations, too. There are a couple of markets in this area where they have increased the number of swings and decreased the number of full weeks available in the summer. On top of that, they are using option 4 in the bidding process -- these stations are top-heavy with couriers who get 5 weeks of vacation. They are ending up with a few people taking all the June and July weeks and most of the spring/fall breaks (to be with grandkids).

All of this right before the SFA, too. This is what happens when you don't take it. A few boycotters are going to take it this year and it's going to be brutal.