I've decided not to give to United Way through UPS

Don't confuse the OP with me....

Now is not the time and place for a lovers quarrel.

Ok I'll give you that but I still don't think an opinion given to so many possibly easily persuaded people is the right thing to do.

God forbid I would want to put an idea into the head of someone who's easily persuaded! I would never say anything like send $100 to the Cachsux Retirement Fund c/o UPS 1 Ups Way , Hodgkins Il 60525. Preferably in cash. Or I would never say to all the BC hotties to forward any sexy photos to my PM box here on BC. And I would especially not say anything like if someone in Edmonton would happen to know the address of you know who please send it to me as I am planning a vacation to my motherland and would love to pay him a visit. Never ever would I try and persuade anyone to do such things especially sending money or sexy pics.

menotyou

bella amicizia

God forbid I would want to put an idea into the head of someone who's easily persuaded! I would never say anything like send $100 to the Cachsux Retirement Fund c/o UPS 1 Ups Way , Hodgkins Il 60525. Preferably in cash. Or I would never say to all the BC hotties to forward any sexy photos to my PM box here on BC. And I would especially not say anything like if someone in Edmonton would happen to know the address of you know who please send it to me as I am planning a vacation to my motherland and would love to pay him a visit. Never ever would I try and persuade anyone to do such things especially sending money or sexy pics.
I sent some, already! I guess you don't like the bloomer look. :(

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I don't give to UW thru UPS. For starters I don't see the point of giving a dollar to Bob for him to give Steve 70 cents. I just as soon give Steve the whole dollar with out paying some charities CEOs overblown salary. I also don't agree with UW past practices.

Having said that, I can't lie and say I feel bad when I have a center manager who is a clown and I get to deny him his 100% participation. It just isn't my motivation at all. I have never given to UW and I never will.

You want naked pics of me?

CAFAL

In our center the local UW comes in to show is what our donations do for the community. She is very grateful and appreciative. Not donating because you have issues with management I believe is immoral. You are really teaching them a lesson while kids in the community go hungry or don't get school supplies. What a joke. I can see why you may have problems with management. Ignorant attitudes suck. What goes around comes around.

bellesmom

Giving or not giving is a personal decision for everyone of course. I would just ask you think of the services provided by our contributions that grow with UPS matching the 15%. My daughter is mentally/physically handicapped and I cannot tell you how grateful I have been for the agencies United Way has that have helped her from baby stage to 25 years old today. I have no doubt there are plenty of fellow UPSers out there in the same situation with family members. How we are treated as employees or the image of UPS doesn't matter in the long run, it's the people we help.

CAFAL

I don't give to UW thru UPS. For starters I don't see the point of giving a dollar to Bob for him to give Steve 70 cents. I just as soon give Steve the whole dollar with out paying some charities CEOs overblown salary. I also don't agree with UW past practices.

Having said that, I can't lie and say I feel bad when I have a center manager who is a clown and I get to deny him his 100% participation. It just isn't my motivation at all. I have never given to UW and I never will.

And you agree with union past practices?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

And you agree with union past practices?

There is not enough time or space on BC to discuss what I find wrong with my union. However, there is also not enough space or time for me to sing its praises.

With an ever decreasing amount of morality and increase in the amount of greed in our country unions are the ONLY way to insure a middle class exists in 20 years. Unfortunately those same immoral people that run big business have also infiltrated my union.

EDIT: I don't get to pick my union. I get to pick where my charitable donations go. .
and VIVA LAS VEGAS BABY

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Giving or not giving is a personal decision for everyone of course. I would just ask you think of the services provided by our contributions that grow with UPS matching the 15%. My daughter is mentally/physically handicapped and I cannot tell you how grateful I have been for the agencies United Way has that have helped her from baby stage to 25 years old today. I have no doubt there are plenty of fellow UPSers out there in the same situation with family members. How we are treated as employees or the image of UPS doesn't matter in the long run, it's the people we help.

Thank you for sharing your story!!!

tourists24

In our center the local UW comes in to show is what our donations do for the community. She is very grateful and appreciative. Not donating because you have issues with management I believe is immoral. You are really teaching them a lesson while kids in the community go hungry or don't get school supplies. What a joke. I can see why you may have problems with management. Ignorant attitudes suck. What goes around comes around.
Once again, why is not donating through UPS doing any harm to these organizations? If you truly wish to help those unfortunate you can still do it directly to any organization you choose. It doesnt have to involve UPS. It may be convenient for some but for those of us who want nothing to do with the way in which the company goes about it you try and make it sound that we are against charity.

And as an added bonus you get to donate out of the goodness of your heart and not out of guilt by the company.

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
Our start time was pushed forward to 9:30 which basically took an hour of OT away. I turned in my online UW contribution receipt and my center manager asked my why it was significantly lower than last year. I told him that charitable contributions are made from discretionary income and since you took $40/week out of my pocket I have had to adjust my UW donation accordingly from $50/week down to $10/week.

I will continue to support UW through UPS due to the 15% match.

It is interesting that your center manager would ask you about your "significantly lower" donation.

I've always been told "your donation is anonymous" but my name is on the form and we fill it out and hand it back to a supervisor.

Also, in the past when a UW rep. would come speak, there would be doughnuts and coffee, orange juice, etc.  I always felt like I was being bribed.

bluehdmc

It is interesting that your center manager would ask you about your "significantly lower" donation.

I've always been told "your donation is anonymous" but my name is on the form and we fill it out and hand it back to a supervisor.

Also, in the past when a UW rep. would come speak, there would be doughnuts and coffee, orange juice, etc. I always felt like I was being bribed.

We had a cookout in feeders once, as soon as I got my burger someone came up to me with the form!

guinness413

zero point zero is what they get from me..i get abused,talked down to and tried to intimidate every day of the year ..Friday ON Road Sup calls me in just before i punch out..hands me a cold water..asks how my baby is(doesnt know if its a boy of girl ,or her name)..says hey..we need you to fill this out before you punch out..sit down..take your time..feck that hypocrisy.. you stand there and hawk me every other day and make sure im not extending my paid day,then you kiss my ass?..bite me..and i hear our new manager in Lakewood has a big personal hard on for the UW campaign..feck him too...what are they gonna do?harass me more?...not possible..corporations should never ever ask middle working class to donate on their name...

bigblu 2 you

zero point zero is what they get from me..i get abused,talked down to and tried to intimidate every day of the year ..Friday ON Road Sup calls me in just before i punch out..hands me a cold water..asks how my baby is(doesnt know if its a boy of girl ,or her name)..says hey..we need you to fill this out before you punch out..sit down..take your time..feck that hypocrisy.. you stand there and hawk me every other day and make sure im not extending my paid day,then you kiss my ass?..bite me..and i hear our new manager in Lakewood has a big personal hard on for the UW campaign..feck him too...what are they gonna do?harass me more?...not possible..corporations should never ever ask middle working class to donate on their name...
i sense anger in your post guiness.a tony robbins fire walk may help?btw,at our center we can send our donations to a number of local charities and such.i have given to a local dialysis clinic for some time and a midwife center in a rural mountain community before that.i feel the same way you do but withholding hurts more than helps imo.