I've decided not to give to United Way through UPS

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
No szzitz Dude.

You hurt your head when you fell off the turnip truck?

Thanks,
I did get a good laugh out of that.

Hi Hoaxster,
I'm glad you got a laugh out of at least part of my post.  I don't know you so I can't read your inflection but I took your reply as an insult.  No need to swear and insult me.  I wonder if a MODERATOR should be so insulting to a newbie. 
Guess I whacked my head a good one and I need to rebuild my skin to thicken it up.
Sincerely,
JDoe

UPSER110

I have also decided not to donate to United Way through UPS this year. I will donate on my own. We have a center manager that pressures everyone to donate, which I feel is totally unacceptable. Last year the center manager took Drivers into the office and pressured them to fill out the form and said they should donate more than the previous year.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our start time was pushed forward to 9:30 which basically took an hour of OT away. I turned in my online UW contribution receipt and my center manager asked my why it was significantly lower than last year. I told him that charitable contributions are made from discretionary income and since you took $40/week out of my pocket I have had to adjust my UW donation accordingly from $50/week down to $10/week.

I will continue to support UW through UPS due to the 15% match.

He started you later. You made the choice to work faster and punch out at the same time.

CAFAL

How about we eliminate pressure and bs and just offer to fill out the slip before management hits you up. We do this every year. How about we expect the expected? What's 2 bucks a week? We make that just listening to the pcm's everyday.

Griff

It is true and I don't blame him for asking as I would ask if I were in his shoes. I disagree with your fn loser comment as he is a good man.

I'm sure you know plenty about his manhood. Don't worry, he has other plans for how you can make up the $40/week shortage.

DS

Fenderbender
Hi Hoaxster,
I'm glad you got a laugh out of at least part of my post. I don't know you so I can't read your inflection but I took your reply as an insult. No need to swear and insult me. I wonder if a MODERATOR should be so insulting to a newbie.
Guess I whacked my head a good one and I need to rebuild my skin to thicken it up.
Sincerely,
JDoe

Note taken JDoe.
Hoax tends to be very sarcastic,I apologize on behalf of the brown cafe for his
apparent insult.I'm sure he meant it as a metaphor with the coffee and donuts.
Welcome to the brown cafe:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hi Hoaxster,
I'm glad you got a laugh out of at least part of my post. I don't know you so I can't read your inflection but I took your reply as an insult. No need to swear and insult me. I wonder if a MODERATOR should be so insulting to a newbie.
Sincerely,
JDoe

No insult ... I was agreeing with you on the obvious statement.
Ever had a free cup of coffee at the Oil Change place? That's a bribe.
Any time someone gives you sumtin' other than your momma, watch out cause it's a bribe.

PS-No one can insult you unless you let them. There will be much worse to come.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Give dont give, who cares. I stopped for a yr, while I reflected. Lets see, my company treats me poorly, so my lousy donation of x number of dollars a week is going to be with held because of why? So I went back to giving. Just coz of that my lousy donation of whatever amount hurts those who might be depending on it. My amount with others amounts add up. yada yada, who cares about administrative costs of the UW? Our own government is so worse, and to them we are forced to give.

bigblu 2 you

btw ,i quit giving to united way when they tried to muscle out the boy scouts of america for not allowing gay pack leaders.....gay pack leaders,thats funny.we allot ours to other charities.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Our start time was pushed forward to 9:30 which basically took an hour of OT away. I turned in my online UW contribution receipt and my center manager asked my why it was significantly lower than last year. I told him that charitable contributions are made from discretionary income and since you took $40/week out of my pocket I have had to adjust my UW donation accordingly from $50/week down to $10/week.

I will continue to support UW through UPS due to the 15% match.
Not to stray off topic, but if a start time is "pushed forward", how would that affect OT? Wouldn't a person simply get done later than before? Just curious as I am slow to catch on.

Justaname

After some thought I've decided I will no longer give to United Way through UPS. I will still donate to them, but will no longer do it through work. I refuse to let UPS take credit for my donation. It's not that I need to be recognized for giving, I don't. But the continual poor treatment of the rank and file has caused me to change. Has anyone else changed their thoughts about it?
As long as you're still donating there's nothing wrong. I donate $1 through ups and $2 through Costco. I also donated my Christmas turkey from Costco to Joplin tornado victims this year. They dont pressure for donations there, they simply ask. After you answer they leave you alone.

undies

I'm a very bitter person and will do whatever I can to NOT help management look good. Donating to the UW through UPS only makes my management team look good. I rather send my money directly to charities I'm familiar with and have a personal stake in. I respect everyone's reasons for giving or not giving, to each their own!

tardus

I was always glad to donate, especially since I could designate the agency in my neighborhood to receive the donation. But I have to say that I was surprised the last few years when my supervisor said that the decision was made that we could no longer attend the united way cook-out on the clock ... the food was long gone by the time I got off the clock.