I've never broken 1 of these, but...

S

selfcancelsignal

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1403929902.523671.jpg
The wealthy (& all others) sure like to skimp on doorbells 95% of the time, don't they.?

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Z

ZQXC

Won't even touch one of those, because the broken plastic will hang up under the edge of the surround.

Below is the door bell on my house. Heavy cast brass, (including the button), built to last a lifetime or two.

r-010sb-4126-fin-pb.jpg

overflowed

Don't worry about it. Fold a door tag 5 times and just scrape out the plastic so it stops ringing and run back to the truck. This is why they're rich. Cheap as :censored2:.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Those cheap doorbells break all the time because the plastic is brittle since its thin and the light stays on all the time. They are on a low-voltage circuit, I will stick my pen in and still ring the broken ones. I knock on the door also out of habit.

Z

ZQXC

Those cheap doorbells break all the time because the plastic is brittle since its thin and the light stays on all the time. They are on a low-voltage circuit, I will stick my pen in and still ring the broken ones. I knock on the door also out of habit.

Be careful where you stick your pen while on the clock...............

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What gets me is the number of $500,000+ houses that either have the post-it note over the door bell or have no door bell at all. Really? You live in a big house with a few Range Rovers in the driveway, yet can't afford a door bell? Kind of hard to hear someone knocking on the SOLID wood door in a 5,000 sq ft house.

9.5er

What gets me is the number of $500,000+ houses that either have the post-it note over the door bell or have no door bell at all. Really? You live in a big house with a few Range Rovers in the driveway, yet can't afford a door bell? Kind of hard to hear someone knocking on the SOLID wood door in a 5,000 sq ft house.

Or a covered doorway. They built that bigazz house but didn't put a porch on it. Way to go genius.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

The people who own these houses don't have the home improvement gene us men do ! :wink-very:
248600.jpg

Z

ZQXC

That same house won't have a house # visible anywhere.
Are they ashamed of where they live?
C'mon people.......

S

selfcancelsignal

Yeah but Vic's Secret stops can backfire on you. Some of the gals who come to the door a dreaming that they will look like those models but it ain't gonna help!
Or guys. LMAO.

S

selfcancelsignal

The best ones I see are Nutone. They must use good reliable PVC on theirs.