Jacksonville, sup!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Heard today that Jacksonville HUB had around 40 some trailers not unload, unworked, processed scanned etc etc. I would like to hear from someone there, working with that building if this is truth or just so rumor pushed around.

We all know how rumors are around here, hear from there and here.

If truth, then good god are we all in some fun for next few weeks. Enjoy!

Btw, clocked out at 37.16... this is supposed to be part time... right? LOL

bluehdmc

I have a package I'm tracking that's been stuck in the meadowlands since Wed, actually arrived there Tues am, normally it would get sorted on the day sort and go to Parsippany that night.

This is what the tracking says:
Secaucus, NJ, United States 11/28/2012 9:00 P.M. Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I have a package I'm tracking that's been stuck in the meadowlands since Wed, actually arrived there Tues am, normally it would get sorted on the day sort and go to Parsippany that night.

This is what the tracking says:
Secaucus, NJ, United States
11/28/2012
9:00 P.M.
Due to local operation disruption, packages not unloaded from trailer, expect a one day business day delay

Im sure this peak will be overwhelming as ever. If its happening in Jacksonville and Secaucus, then its going on all over the country.

ITS A MAD HOUSE!

UPSGUY72

Heard today that Jacksonville HUB had around 40 some trailers not unload, unworked, processed scanned etc etc. I would like to hear from someone there, working with that building if this is truth or just so rumor pushed around.

We all know how rumors are around here, hear from there and here.

If truth, then good god are we all in some fun for next few weeks. Enjoy!

Btw, clocked out at 37.16... this is supposed to be part time... right? LOL

Don't worry come January you will be complaining that they are sending you home early and not getting your guaranteed hours.

UPSGUY72

Im sure this peak will be overwhelming as ever. If its happening in Jacksonville and Secaucus, then its going on all over the country.

ITS A MAD HOUSE!

It's called Cyber Monday and Black Friday. But in reality it called the week after Thanksgiving when all the sales start. In the past peak was 2 month not it's crammed into 3 to 4 weeks with a lot more volume all thanks to the internet people can order at the last minute and still get there package before x-mas.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Don't worry come January you will be complaining that they are sending you home early and not getting your guaranteed hours.

If fact January is just as busy as December here. That being all the conventions happening after the new year. Florida has a massive amount of hotels with convention centers, not to menction of the largest convention centers in America, over on International Dr.

A lot of overnighted things, plus convention packs. The plastic large boxes with projecters, etc etc. I recall my first year here, where I was happy to see peak go, just to be hit as hard the next month. That being conventions and spill over from Christmas.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Not in my area, in my building they just cut routes send 12 guys home and leave us out over 10 and 11. Peak for us is 12 months a year, just a little worse in Dec.

tre305

I did a little over 46 hours p/t last week. I really don't care how the volume comes. I'm just trying to milk it for all it's worth for the next few weeks.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I did a little over 46 hours p/t last week. I really don't care how the volume comes. I'm just trying to milk it for all it's worth for the next few weeks.

Thats why peak is awesome, get more hours, time to chill. It works out in the end, as in paycheck!