Jake From UPS: Vestavia Hills man with Down Syndrome brought on permanently with UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Jake From UPS: Vestavia Hills man with Down Syndrome brought on permanently with UPS - WVTM13

In his face I see America. I see work. I see resilience. I see a drive that is envied. I see a man with Down Syndrome who has just landed a permanent job with a major company.

The news was made official Thursday evening.

Jake Pratt, a 22-year-old from Vestavia Hills, Alabama has landed his dream job. That's 22 years after his parents were told that he didn’t have a chance. Twenty-two years after doctors told Jay and Kathy Pratt not to expect much.

Jake Pratt has proved them all wrong. He’s a high school grad, an alum of Life College at Clemson University. And now, it’s been made official. Not holiday help, but a career. Not a fleeting gig, but a life.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Looks like he is in the unload.

Welcome union brother. Not sure why this is news if he can do the job?

Jake From UPS: Vestavia Hills man with Down Syndrome brought on permanently with UPS - WVTM13

In his face I see America. I see work. I see resilience. I see a drive that is envied. I see a man with Down Syndrome who has just landed a permanent job with a major company.

The news was made official Thursday evening.

Jake Pratt, a 22-year-old from Vestavia Hills, Alabama has landed his dream job. That's 22 years after his parents were told that he didn’t have a chance. Twenty-two years after doctors told Jay and Kathy Pratt not to expect much.

Jake Pratt has proved them all wrong. He’s a high school grad, an alum of Life College at Clemson University. And now, it’s been made official. Not holiday help, but a career. Not a fleeting gig, but a life.
It could be a good example for all the lazy people sitting there collecting unemployment that refused to go to work

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It could be a good example for all the lazy people sitting there collecting unemployment that refused to go to work
media being spoon-fed a narrative to beat back legitimate concerns of widening sector-based wages and the fallout of geographic job location vs average housing prices coming back. whichever one results in lower inflation is the story they want to spread.

media being spoon-fed a narrative to beat back legitimate concerns of widening sector-based wages and the fallout of geographic job location vs average housing prices coming back. whichever one results in lower inflation is the story they want to spread.
Is it so good story and I'm happy for the young man.
But for the rest of us we are friend with who we have in office right now

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The narrative I see is be like this kid...WORK.

I don't think this kid is driving. Who's driving him back and forth, probably the parents? Good for them, they are putting in extra effort too.