Jet.com

MendozaJ

His business plan is to profit solely on membership fees without taking any cut of products sold. This guy also created quidsi.com (which includes diapers.com, soap.com, casa.com to name a few), and sold it to Amazon for $550 million. I think his racket is to create online retailers that take a piece of Amazon's market share until he's bought out. The guy doesn't even have to reach into his pocket, he's got investors wrapped around his finger.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
His business plan is to profit solely on membership fees without taking any cut of products sold. This guy also created quidsi.com (which includes diapers.com, soap.com, casa.com to name a few), and sold it to Amazon for $550 million. I think his racket is to create online retailers that take a piece of Amazon's market share until he's bought out. The guy doesn't even have to reach into his pocket, he's got investors wrapped around his finger.
No that's not really his "racket" at all. He wasn't happy about selling to Amazon but they were going to put him out of business.

Now he went and created Jet to take them on.