Job opportunity in Michigan

DblsTrpls

Hello, all. I wanted to get some feedback. I have an opportunity to take a delivery driver/courier swing DOT position. It’s close to home, and, I spent almost 7 years at freight, before going to the railroad, so, I’m not unfamiliar with FedEx, Starting pay is $18.49/hr. I am wondering- what’s the pay cap for the position, and is pay at Express tiered? Also- would love to transition to tractor trailer driving for Express if that was an option.

Attachments

• A94E6873-8E0D-4556-B5FB-76E5FF4F86C0.jpeg
    A94E6873-8E0D-4556-B5FB-76E5FF4F86C0.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 184

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hello, all. I wanted to get some feedback. I have an opportunity to take a delivery driver/courier swing DOT position. It’s close to home, and, I spent almost 7 years at freight, before going to the railroad, so, I’m not unfamiliar with FedEx, Starting pay is $18.49/hr. I am wondering- what’s the pay cap for the position, and is pay at Express tiered? Also- would love to transition to tractor trailer driving for Express if that was an option.
At this point there is no pay cap. FedEx had implemented a tiered step program for raises, but it’s probably no more. In a lot of areas RTD (tractor trailer driver) is easy to get as drivers are bailing for greener pastures.

zeev

Your in Jackson probably $27.00 hr there is a 20 or 10 step process which is canceled now you will never top out get to RTD as soon as possible. Wow a full time Express job Ground is in big trouble in Jackson.

Maui

That's a swing position. Top rate is $29.90. There'd be plenty of opportunity for overtime there. Closer to metro Detroit the pay is 10% higher.

DblsTrpls

How long does it take to make top rate? At freight it was 3yrs. I’m seeing from the guys in this thread that they don’t do that anymore?

DblsTrpls

That’s insane. I’ll bear that in mind. Is there ANY sense to the progression? Like, do you get consistent, small, raises throughout your career?

DblsTrpls

One great thing that Express has that UPS doesn’t though is, we can transfer anywhere in the country there is an opening.
I’ve had the opportunity to go to UPS as a feeder off the street. Much like you said- can’t transfer. The hub that is actually needing drivers is in GR, and that’s an hour one way. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be on this thread.