Job Safety and Health-It’s The Law

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t have time, but look into the osha extreme heat guidelines that employers must take, please post them if you find them.

Ups follows none of them.
UPS Communicates most of them through the “Cool Solutions” training/PCMS.

Enforcement by management and compliance by the rank and file is lame at best.

Many Union workers are Anti-Union and are overly sympathetic to Corporate.

I will post some more info as you requested soon.

Faceplanted

UPS Communicates most of them through the “Cool Solutions” training/PCMS.

Enforcement by management and compliance by the rank and file is lame at best.

Many Union workers are Anti-Union and are overly sympathetic to Corporate.

I will post some more info as you requested soon.
Iv asked my management team when are my extra breaks/cool down periods as osha says we are allowed them. They would “look into it”. I take as many as I feel necessary. All of them on the clock.

Osha also says we are supposed to have a reduced work load when extreme heat index are in effect.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Iv asked my management team when are my extra breaks/cool down periods as osha says we are allowed them. They would “look into it”. I take as many as I feel necessary. All of them on the clock.

Osha also says we are supposed to have a reduced work load when extreme heat index are in effect.
I agree.

Faceplanted

We are also supposed to be provided coolers and clean water every day by ups. We only get a single bottle on Monday. So I have no problem stopping whenever I need to get some fresh ice or cold clean water

Every construction crew, garbage man, lawn guys all have employee provided massive ice water coolers, ups feels they are above osha rules.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OSHA's Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers | Protective Measures to Take at Each Risk Level - Actions for High Risk Conditions: Heat Index is 103 degrees friend to 115 degrees friend | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

This is what I’m talking about. It goes into effect above 103 heat index.

Print out a copy and ask your management team how you should follow these rules. They won’t have an answer.
Report all safety concerns to your Safety Committee Representative.

Write down what you say exactly.

Write down what he says exactly.

Let me know how you make out.

Private message is fine, public forum is fine. Whatever you want.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
OSHA already knows about the working conditions at UPS...I’m sure the big wigs at OSHA and the big wigs at UPS are best friends that golf together while laughing at us.

Integrity

Binge Poster
OSHA already knows about the working conditions at UPS...I’m sure the big wigs at OSHA and the big wigs at UPS are best friends that golf together while laughing at us.
Not true. KETER audits keeps OSHA from the truth.

What is needed is formal OSHA complaints.

Have you ever dealt with OSHA?