Job transfer or put In 2 weeks

Yan Zach

If you’re a package handler moving to a different state what do you do? Ask for a transfer to the state you’re moving to? Or just put in your two weeks and you can be rehired in a different state? Also who do I tell sort manager/HR/Supervisor ?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you’re a package handler moving to a different state what do you do? Ask for a transfer to the state you’re moving to? Or just put in your two weeks and you can be rehired in a different state? Also who do I tell sort manager/HR/Supervisor ?
Express or Ground?

vantexan

You usually have to put in the time specified on your offer letter before you can transfer. If you haven't then tell your manager you are moving and would like to continue with FedEx. Don't know how long you've been with the company but outright quitting then getting rehired will start your clock over concerning getting paid time off, raises, etc. And they may not rehire you.

Yan Zach

You usually have to put in the time specified on your offer letter before you can transfer. If you haven't then tell your manager you are moving and would like to continue with FedEx. Don't know how long you've been with the company but outright quitting then getting rehired will start your clock over concerning getting paid time off, raises, etc. And they may not rehire you.
Been here since October ‘17 and they kept me after peak.

BootsOnTarmac

Whichever FedEx opco you apply at in your new state you will be considered just a new hire, since you have only worked at FedEx around three months.

Go for an Express job. Mention your previous FedEx employment, this might give you an advantage but probably not. When you go from entry level to entry level don't expect any consideration. You just don't have the track record to get the interest of any FedEx recruiter.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Go for an Express job. Mention your previous FedEx employment, this might give you an advantage but probably not. When you go from entry level to entry level don't expect any consideration. You just don't have the track record to get the interest of any FedEx recruiter.

Your experience will help you get the call from the recruiter. They will hire anyone for a handler position at Express. Knowing what the job is like and still wanting to do it works in your favor.