Jobs report is out...48,000 census worker jobs created with our tax dollars.

klein

Für Meno :)
Who said they had a problem with the military? Are you trying to compare part time census workers to are hard working men and woman in the military? Also you dont get a pension unless you stay in over 20yrs and they deserve every penny.

I was referring sarcasticly to the other posters, that said, goverment workers are paid by tax-payers, and therfor aren't real jobs.

Anyways Tie. Looks good. More Canadians hitting south now. 25% off US Healthcare since 6 mths ago.
Hope we don't overfill your hospitals too much.

tieguy

Banned
I was referring sarcasticly to the other posters, that said, goverment workers are paid by tax-payers, and therfor aren't real jobs.

Anyways Tie. Looks good. More Canadians hitting south now. 25% off US Healthcare since 6 mths ago.
Hope we don't overfill your hospitals too much.

Not at all. And we actually found one that worked for a living. what a pleasant surprise.

tieguy

Banned
I'm watching the liberal news and of course they don't mention the 48,000 census workers.

Looks like the liberals have their next excuse ready. They're talking about rising gas prices possibly slowing consumer spending.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who said they had a problem with the military? Are you trying to compare part time census workers to are hard working men and woman in the military? Also you dont get a pension unless you stay in over 20yrs and they deserve every penny.

I put in just under 8 years and got a handshake and a DD 214 on my last day. The pension is nothing to write home about either and most end up working as they are usually in their mid to late 40's when they "retire". The healthcare, while free, is marginal at best.

That being said I am an advocate for compulsory military service for everyone not enrolled in post seconday education when they turn 18. Yeah, I know, someone will say that isn't fair to those who cannot afford college, and you may be right, but there is financial aid available for those who need it (both of my kids received financial aid).

moreluck

golden ticket member
All the educational financial aid from now on will be from the government. You already know their track record for running things.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All the educational financial aid from now on will be from the government. You already know their track record for running things.

Actually this is one area that they have their stuff together. I have never had a problem with the money being credited to my kids' accounts in a timely manner. I simply completed the FAFSA as soon as I had finished my taxes, the aid package was completed and forwarded to their school.

I think you are referring to student loans, which is just one part of the total financial aid package and, yes, these will be handled by National Direct Student Loan. This is an important change as some of the private lenders were taking advantage of students and their families with some of the terms that they imposed, to include variable rates and upfront fees. They would also set up tables near the registrar's offices in order to drum up new business. This was also true with the credit card companies--they would hand out free T-shirts or other trinkets if you signed up for a credit card and you had kids graduating college with $10-20K or more of credit card debt, in addition to their student loan debts.

I guess change can be good.:wink2:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
135.jpg