Joe Biden:Profile in Cowardice

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It is not a fair label to assign this article to Biden. He is just an example of a politician in Congress...this article assigns blame to every person in Congress that punted and let the Executive branch decide whether a war would be prosecuted. This would include almost every member of Congress over the last 40 years going back to the Gulf of Tonkin resolution.

If you want to disparage Biden, that's easy, just say Biden.
His name has become synonomous with gaffes or mis-speak.
In fact, I have heard applied to other politician's when they have a gaffe, to call it a "Biden moment".

He's a likable guy and I enjoy his ad-hoc speeches. They are filled with humor...many times on purpose.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think its interesting, but not surprising, that the debate moderator is publishing a book about OBama that will come out on Inauguration Day. I wonder if she will wear her OBama button during the debate. But of course the mainstream media doesn't play favorites..........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It doesnt matter. Palin can handle it. She will gut her like a moose. But I feel she will be as fair as she is capable of being.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ha, ha....funny, funny !! The left can joke about shooting people and guns and it's just cute Joe . That's B.S..

(CNSNews.com) — Vice President Joe Biden visited the Florida Everglades on Monday to promote the Everglades Restoration Project and joked about his Secret Service detail threatening to shoot the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation commissioner. [...]

“He wanted me to wrestle alligators. You all think I’m kidding. I’m not kidding. He’s one crazy son-of-a-gun. Where are you Ronnie? There he is. And the worst part is, [Sen.] Bill [Nelson] introduced me to him. I wondered, Bill, why? He said, ‘No, he wants [you] just to do a little project with him. I thought the project was something about restoring the Everglades. It was about seeing whether or not I was really an athlete,” Biden said.

“But you see this man right here, my Secret Service guy? He played in pro-football, also was on that national championship team — the Clemson had. He said if I go, he’ll shoot you, Ronnie, so . . . I’m only kidding. That’s not true. He didn’t say he’d shoot Ronnie. He said he’d shoot the alligator if I went. I just think it’s incredible, and I still think you’re nuts, Ronnie,” Biden said.