Joe Paterno Penn State

If he knew about anything and If he didn't notify the proper authorities, then he should go.

Define "proper" authorities. From what I have heard(which isn't much) he turned it over to his superiors. What he KNEW and what he heard for someone could be two vastly different things.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was hearing things like B.Ball camps for 10 yr. olds who used the facilities and were sexually assaulted.....If that stuff is true, then the police are the proper authorities.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They fired Joe ... sad times and such a terrible way for his storied efforts at Penn State to end.

They would not have done this unless there was something there.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I still see a riot, those college kids are fired up, CNBC.
dont know the facts cant comment, see the anger.

I love college football but something is wrong when the game becomes more important than the alleged abuse of children.
Dave, it wouldn't bother me one bit is there was never another college football game, team or coach, but that's just me. I agree with you when the abuse of children is involved, not much should take precedence.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is why you NEVER name a building, street, whatever after someone who is still living!!!

Wish students cared about their studies as much as a game.

This college's people in the sports program are no different that the priests who hid abuse in the church.

It's just a game, not necessary for college education and certainly not more important than ruining youg kid's lives.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why you NEVER name a building, street, whatever after someone who is still living!!!

Wish students cared about their studies as much as a game.

This college's people in the sports program are no different that the priests who hid abuse in the church.

It's just a game, not necessary for college education and certainly not more important than ruining youg kid's lives.

It may be just a game but the money a top 25 FBS football team brings to their university helps that university offer the programs that it does.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If there were no sports in schools, the 'playing field' would be leveled and getting an education to get a real job would rank in the top 5 goals of students........One in a gazillion kids will play pro and make the really big bucks, but many more can get education in a field that will support them for the rest of their lives.

Comraderie can be in the organizations and clubs of the school....there'll still be the elite, don't worry, they just won't be jocks.

This surprises me as I know how much football means to most Texans.
Ahhhhh, but I am not most Texans.LOL It's not that I don't like football, can watch it and understand what is going on, just don't really care. I was a big Cowboy fan up until the fired Tom Landry, I gave them another year and couldn't stomach what they were turn the 'Boys into. Haven't watched football since.

Honestly why is there even an uproar over this? Sure ,tragically children were molested, but the fact that it wasn`t properly followed up on because of what it could do to the sports academic is no surprise. Name a school at all,college and High School, that hasn`t fudged something no matter how slight to cover for its athletes or their sports programs.

Honestly why is there even an uproar over this? Sure ,tragically children were molested, but the fact that it wasn`t properly followed up on because of what it could do to the sports academic is no surprise. Name a school at all,college and High School, that hasn`t fudged something no matter how slight to cover for its athletes or their sports programs.
Oh I can understand the uproar but agree with most of the rest of your post. The uproar is that the sport, the coach, even the school it's self is not as important as protecting innocent children. That fact that it is hard to find a school that hasn't covered something up to protect the school, etc. Is a sad commentary on what we hold important.