Joe the Plumber or Joe the Bunglar

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would say its a tie. Joe the plumber and Joe the running mate, both exposed him. One made him say to America what his real plan was, and one explained to America that he didn't have a clue, and actually I think he has been trying to say he doesn't really want to be his running mate, every since he said Hillary would have been a better choice.
Whether or not America, the Obama voting America is open minded enough to listen is a big question.
I noticed several of the people in my small rural town where I live have taken down the Obama signs and put up McCain signs. That shows Change, the change we need!! Thank God there are people actually listening and comprehending, instead of being mesmerized by the messiah. And In Ohio, that is a GOOD thing. Thank You Lord.

paidslave

Yep, another republican speaking trailer home owner!

Get a grip on things tooner!.

I most definatlely believe know now you have nothing to lose....and I am sure you voted for the little baby bush too...

Please don't listen to this rubbish anymore...get a grip because you will never get it so don't take anyone else down with you........

Nothing personal but you are in left field!!!!!!!!!!!!11

tieguy

Banned

I most definatlely believe know now you have nothing to lose....and I am sure you voted for the little baby bush too...

Please don't listen to this rubbish anymore...get a grip because you will never get it so don't take anyone else down with you........

Deny all you want but the joe the plumber incident appears to have woken americans up to Obamas plans to redistribute wealth.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I believe you meant to say, "right", field...LOL

By the way, nice piggy, slave.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nothing personal but you (tooner) are in left field!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Not exactly right...let me introduce the BC Goofers baseball lineup for tonight.
Tooner is in Right field.
Paidslave is in Left field
BrownDevil is in Center field
TOS is playing the Left side of the infield at 3rd base
Tieguy has the Right side covered at 1st base
Diesel96 covers the rest of the Left infield at shortstop
drewed covers the holes on the Right side at second
Hoaxster, a Right-hander throws up curves, knuckleballs and the like from the pitcher's mound
Over9five catches what's thrown from the Left and throws back with the Right.

Sorry if I slighted anybody but there are quite a few on bench and in the bullpen coming in for relief as needed.

browndevil

Not exactly right...let me introduce the BC Goofers baseball lineup for tonight.
Tooner is in Right field.
Paidslave is in Left field
BrownDevil is in Center field
TOS is playing the Left side of the infield at 3rd base
Tieguy has the Right side covered at 1st base
Diesel96 covers the rest of the Left infield at shortstop
drewed covers the holes on the Right side at second
Hoaxster, a Right-hander throws up curves, knuckleballs and the like from the pitcher's mound
Over9five catches what's thrown from the Left and throws back with the Right.

Sorry if I slighted anybody but there are quite a few on bench and in the bullpen coming in for relief as needed.
Thanks for thr props Hoax. I take playing center field as a compliment. A round of Napa Valley cabs for the team!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Which one has had more adverse impact on Obama in the last week?

Neither.

OBAMA has stretched his lead nationally, and in the battleground states, OBAMA is stil stretching his lead.

On the electoral map projections, OBAMA is now at 334 votes, well more than the 270 needed.

Folks, its over.

All the joe the plummers in the world will not help McCain.

12 days to go and all the nonsense about joe the plummer is only working on those already set to vote for McCain anyways.

Problem for McCain, Nobody likes to vote for the losing team, McCain will continue to lose ground as people vote for winners, not losers.

diesel96

I'm still trying to figure out in this era of economic hardship, what lending institution is going to approve an unliscenced plummer making $42,000/yr with a mortgage who can't afford to pay his taxes to begin with is going to rec'v a loan to buy a $300,000 business.
Anyhow, you guys can druel over Joe the "plant's" endorsement, Obama's camp will take the one who's had the most impact last week.... Colin Powell.

Channahon

Obama Explains 'Spread the Wealth' Comment

By Mark Impomeni
Oct 22nd 2008 11:00PM
Filed Under:eBarack Obama, Economy, 2008 President, Taxes

At a press conference in Virginia today, Sen. Barack Obama tried to explain what he really meant when he told Joe Wurzelbacher, the now famous "Joe the Plumber," that Obama's tax plan was designed to, "spread the wealth around."

Obama now says that he was not implying that he wanted to spread the wealth around when he said he wanted to "spread the wealth around." Obama says that he meant to say "spread the opportunity."
"The simple point I was making was that even assuming he's at a point that he wants to buy a business that he hopes will generate more than $250,000, the point I was making was that ten years ago or five years ago or even a year ago when he was making a lot less than that, he was having a tough time. ... We don't mind people getting enormously wealthy because of their skills and their talents and their drive. But we always want to make sure that the playing field is such where everybody who's got a good idea has a chance to succeed. Everybody's got a chance to get financing. Everybody who works hard is able to raise their family. Everybody has an opportunity if they act responsibly to send their kids to college and retire with dignity and respect. And in that sense, that does involve us spreading around opportunity."
But the explanation is far more confusing than the original statement. When Obama encountered Wurzelbacher, he did mention opportunity for those "behind you" economically. But Wurzelbacher's question was about Obama's plan to raise taxes on families and small businesses that make more than $250,000 per year. It was not a question about opportunity. It was about money. And clearly, Sen. Obama told Wurzelbacher that he was going to take more money from his business, so that others could have more opportunity.
"I just want you to be clear – it's not that I want to punish your success – I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you – that they've got a chance at success too.

"My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. If you've got a plumbing business, you're gonna be better off if you've got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you, and right now everybody's so pinched that business is bad for everybody and I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
Left unanswered is how raising taxes on small business makes the economy any better. Tax increases kill jobs. And, increasing taxes causes businesses and individuals to make decisions that expose them to less tax liability, leading to decreasing revenues to the Treasury.

Since nobody wins when the government imposes heavy tax burdens, it remains a mystery as to just where all the "opportunity" Sen. Obama wants to spread around is going to come from.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obama Explains 'Spread the Wealth' Comment

By Mark Impomeni
Oct 22nd 2008 11:00PM
Filed Under:eBarack Obama, Economy, 2008 President, Taxes

At a press conference in Virginia today, Sen. Barack Obama tried to explain what he really meant when he told Joe Wurzelbacher, the now famous "Joe the Plumber," that Obama's tax plan was designed to, "spread the wealth around."

Obama now says that he was not implying that he wanted to spread the wealth around when he said he wanted to "spread the wealth around." Obama says that he meant to say "spread the opportunity."
"The simple point I was making was that even assuming he's at a point that he wants to buy a business that he hopes will generate more than $250,000, the point I was making was that ten years ago or five years ago or even a year ago when he was making a lot less than that, he was having a tough time. ... We don't mind people getting enormously wealthy because of their skills and their talents and their drive. But we always want to make sure that the playing field is such where everybody who's got a good idea has a chance to succeed. Everybody's got a chance to get financing. Everybody who works hard is able to raise their family. Everybody has an opportunity if they act responsibly to send their kids to college and retire with dignity and respect. And in that sense, that does involve us spreading around opportunity."
But the explanation is far more confusing than the original statement. When Obama encountered Wurzelbacher, he did mention opportunity for those "behind you" economically. But Wurzelbacher's question was about Obama's plan to raise taxes on families and small businesses that make more than $250,000 per year. It was not a question about opportunity. It was about money. And clearly, Sen. Obama told Wurzelbacher that he was going to take more money from his business, so that others could have more opportunity.
"I just want you to be clear – it's not that I want to punish your success – I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you – that they've got a chance at success too.

"My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. If you've got a plumbing business, you're gonna be better off if you've got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you, and right now everybody's so pinched that business is bad for everybody and I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
Left unanswered is how raising taxes on small business makes the economy any better. Tax increases kill jobs. And, increasing taxes causes businesses and individuals to make decisions that expose them to less tax liability, leading to decreasing revenues to the Treasury.

Since nobody wins when the government imposes heavy tax burdens, it remains a mystery as to just where all the "opportunity" Sen. Obama wants to spread around is going to come from.

During the Reagan years, President Reagan R A I S E D taxes on small businesses to their highest levels EVER. He R A I S E D the capital gains taxes on small businesses to the highest rate ever.

Did the country collapse? No. Of course not.

Instead, he ran up the deficit to 1.5 trillion dollars needlessly.

Lets get over the right wing talking points about business collapse with a tax increase, Mkay?

Channahon

You know sometimes comments are taken out of context, and that is why I posted what I did, as Barack took the initiative to explain his Joe the Plummer comments. I thought that was what this thread was about.

Not my opinion, just a political article on Barack's explanation of what he "meant" to say, not what was heard by the public. Which if you ever dealt with an attorney, Barack does a wonderful job of talking like an attorney. At least, McCain doesn't mince his words, he says what he says without the "ers, ahs, etc."

Now that is an observation by me and my opinion of the candidates. Have a good day!!

mthbstr8

Lets get our facts straight, who raised the defecit? Bush's tax cuts during a time of heavy war spending created 47% of our current 1.5 trillion in debt. Bush did away with the PayGo rule which said "every expense of the US treasury must be justified" as an investment. So, anyway,... no, get me off that soap box. As a Conservative who believes the government spends too much on things that don't benefit taxpayers, ugh, shut me up.

I logged on to say again that whoever wins this election, we need to stop being so divided in our views and start negotiating real solutions to our problems, because America is so messed up financially that we're bringing down the whole world with us. Its more than just the housing crises, by far. Oh, anhd Joe's an idiot.

ANyway, peace.

browndevil

Lets get our facts straight, who raised the defecit? Bush's tax cuts during a time of heavy war spending created 47% of our current 1.5 trillion in debt. Bush did away with the PayGo rule which said "every expense of the US treasury must be justified" as an investment. So, anyway,... no, get me off that soap box. As a Conservative who believes the government spends too much on things that don't benefit taxpayers, ugh, shut me up.

I logged on to say again that whoever wins this election, we need to stop being so divided in our views and start negotiating real solutions to our problems, because America is so messed up financially that we're bringing down the whole world with us. Its more than just the housing crises, by far. Oh, anhd Joe's an idiot.

ANyway, peace.
This is what I have been trying to say. We are in a world of hurt and we need a come to Jesus moment and work together. Peace to you friend

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two things; the media is quite bias towards obama thus any polls out there are not to be beleived.
And what they don't show is that mccain has real struck a nerve at his rallies.Many people are holding up signs that say things like joyce the teacher , etc. Middle american has woken up.