Joining the Union now or wait after the year?

Ups_newbie20

I'm from a RTW state and have been working at UPS for about 6 months. I received a letter to join the union. i want to join but worry about getting layoff after Christmas. Would it be best to wait after the year to join? thanks!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm from a RTW state and have been working at UPS for about 6 months. I received a letter to join the union. i want to join but worry about getting layoff after Christmas. Would it be best to wait after the year to join? thanks!
Yes, the year after you become a full time driver.
Until you become full time, the Union is just using your benefit funding to pay for Full Time driver funding.

T

Turdferguson

Yes, the year after you become a full time driver.
Until you become full time, the Union is just using your benefit funding to pay for Full Time driver funding.
536694_317787644961951_126894987384552_728682_26971637_n.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wait to join, someones gotta be the "we'll get to that termination case next month, to many other brothers and sisters need theirs to be heard first"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In a RTW situation, don't you get all that a union member co-worker gets, even though you are not in the union?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In a RTW situation, don't you get all that a union member co-worker gets, even though you are not in the union?
You don't get to vote. Oh yeah, you do get the same representation others get, I mean, stewards treat you the same and help you word grievances correctly, return your phone calls promptly, and include you in up to date information regarding your rights. Yeah, they get treated the same....

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Part-timers don't leech off your dues ... it's the other way around.
Oh, so they go out and negotiate their own contracts, defend themselves with discipline using the same black book we have as paying members, and pay their time in the trenches like the rest of us did with a FT job waiting on them at the end if they so choose?