July 4th a Paid Holiday?

McFeely

Huge Member
Yes, we all get paid holiday pay for July 4. M-friend employees work their normal 5 days and get holiday pay on Saturday in addition.

Tue-Sat employees just work Tues-Fri but get Sat off with holiday pay for the 4th.

bacha29

At Ground the only way you'll get paid for the 4th is if you work the 4th. Ground is to Fedex Corp what the character "Pig Pen" is to the "Peanuts" comic strip only here in real life this "Pig Pen" is keeping the entire corporation from going below the "Mendoza Line". At least Memphis much to it's pain and despair finally admits it.

Yes, we all get paid holiday pay for July 4. M-friend employees work their normal 5 days and get holiday pay on Saturday in addition.

Tue-Sat employees just work Tues-Fri but get Sat off with holiday pay for the 4th.

Working Mon-Fri and the paid holiday on Sat. creates a 6 day punch. This means time and a half on Fri.

DeliveryException

I guess I never noticed if they did since it was only an hour or so and I always seem to have overtime. I just figured it was like a personal day (or is it floating) and didn't count towards OT.