July 6th to 10th

bigbrownhen

It was a real mess today. My route was rather light, but ended up helping next loop over with pick ups, that was fine. Just about everyone worked 10.5 today. Me thinks it will be a wierd week.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Have the day off today and after talking to the cover driver this morning it sounds like the same crap as yesterday. Good thing the boss was willing to work with me and let some other guy work. this is a weird week indeed.

screamin chicken

It's slow here, in fact I just watched one of our drivers at a stop and was sorting then walk to the house, waited for the customer, then went back to the truck and back to sorting, this took 8 mins. This driver has gotten his route down to 100 stops, and while he is doing this he screws 3 drivers everyday, Sups ride with him all the time and they are so blind, they tell him how good of a job he is doing.

MobileBA

I think in retrospect maybe UPS should have shut all operations down on July 3 so that future operation dates would have maintained some sort of equalibrium. Oregon district is a mess.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think in retrospect maybe UPS should have shut all operations down on July 3 so that future operation dates would have maintained some sort of equalibrium. Oregon district is a mess.

I disagree. Yesterday was actually worse than the 3rd for me because it was so much lighter, 95 stops compared to 120 on the 3rd. The rest of the week should be just fine, maybe a bit on the light side.

jennie

I disagree. Yesterday was actually worse than the 3rd for me because it was so much lighter, 95 stops compared to 120 on the 3rd. The rest of the week should be just fine, maybe a bit on the light side.

Heya NY! I took Monday off, and of course I told them a week in advance. Why do people treat you badly when you come back from a day off?? I got the silent treatment today:biting:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Here in CT, Monday was a nightmare

Had nothing to do with volume, nothing to do with cutting routes

Some idiot in preload let all the closed Friday business packages go through the system without Re-SPAing the packages. Anything closed on Friday was sent to same route on Monday. Most drivers just take their pen and scribble on the PAL label. Most of the routes were doubled or tripled up because of low pickups so the route numbers were wrong.

It was such a clusterbang during the day with all the routes screwed up, they actually sent a message to everyone that no one was allowed back to the building until all screwed-up routes were attended to (much like a christmas eve scenario)

And in usual management fashion, blame the drivers. It's our fault.