Jurisdictional Transfer - Help Please?

I'mTheMan

I'm thinking of using this type of transfer in beginning in 2009 from Seattle Hub going to Boeing Field. I was layoff from Boeing field since Aug 1st, 2008 this year. I've been full time 22.3 at Boeing Field for 6 straight years and knowing all type equipment and aircraft. The problem is that I am having trouble understanding this and my union is not much of a help or answering questions of how it exactly works. I don't want make a mistake here but I know that my 13 years of seniority will be entailed to bottom of the list for like 6 months to a year and then dovetailed then my seniority goes up on top. Plus I asked about the wages since I am still currently on full time pay rate but will that affect or will it be put to starting wages at beginning? The union won't tell me about the affecting wages. I know that in beginning in 2009, the company is going to put everyone who is back to part time will no longer accepting full time pay rate will take $5.00 off of their weekly check on the pay rate. I'm wondering if that will stay the same or even after transfer, would it anything or everything will be changed? My future is at stake here and I'm still waiting to hear from my union regarding the jobs that affecting everyone across the country. I'd would like to hear your feedback and explain how everything works. Thanks. :)

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Their was a thing going on over here in the Washington contract that said that if you transfered and then worked 6 months in the building and then switched shifts, your seniority would dovetail. That ended around 5 years ago. I know because I was told about that little diddy when I transfered from Portland to Spokane and it's screwed with me ever since.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Ahh Ic sooo he would be dovetailed and that would be the end of it?

Negative on dovetailing. He would be entailed. The only time you dovetail is if your building loses it's work to another building and you exercise your option to follow your work. If it's a transfer, you endtail.

gandydancer

Well I don't want to get screwed me over this. Sounds like this is a lousy contract that Union has ever made to this?

It was a lousy contract, but maintaining your 22.3 job was guaranteed. Your problem is lousy representation, not a lousy contract.

Anyway, the JC28 rider says "a geographic transfer within the jurisdiction of this JC28 rider may be granted on a case-by-case basis. The transferee shall be end-tailed for the purpose of layoff, vacation, selection, routes, etc. However they(sic) shall retain company seniority for all benefits including earned vacation and sick leave."

Also, "L. Any full-time Article 22.3/40 combination employee whose workday or work assignment is fully or partially eliminated, shall have the following options... 3. Dovetail into his/her original seniority list at their(sic) full-time wage rate..." So, if your original seniority list was part-time, you should regain your total seniority. And where is this $5 off coming from?

There's also provision for an employee-initiated (voluntary) transfer from Article 22.3/40 combination status, in which case you are "dovetailed onto a requested part-time list...at the appropriate part-time rate of pay (in accordance with seniority)..." Which is worse than what should happen to you (not retaining 22.3 ft pay rate), but better than your fears. And those laid off should be treated better in this regard than volunteers.

Of course, if your Local lets the Company treat the contract like toilet paper (which, it seems, it's doing), there's no telling what the Company can get away with doing to you.