Jury duty for Tuesday thru Saturday driver

Upsanddowns28

I was wondering if ups is obligated to pay me for Monday jury duty service, even though its not my scheduled work day as i am a Tuesday thru Saturday driver. I ask the big boss and he said no cause it was my scheduled day off.. It just doesn't seem fair to me that I have to report to jury duty on Monday and still work Saturday.. Shop stewards in my center don't seem to know a answer

Upsanddowns28

But I like getting my 8th place soccer trophy..haha..just a side note,a driver told me one year he was on vacation and had jury duty the same week and ups had to pay for his time going to jury duty. Getting paid vacation and for his jury service.. perhaps that can help my case?

542thruNthru

I was wondering if ups is obligated to pay me for Monday jury duty service, even though its not my scheduled work day as i am a Tuesday thru Saturday driver. I ask the big boss and he said no cause it was my scheduled day off.. It just doesn't seem fair to me that I have to report to jury duty on Monday and still work Saturday.. Shop stewards in my center don't seem to know a answer

I don't believe they have to pay you. What you should do is call and reschedule it. I do it all the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your supervisor is correct------why would they have to pay you for a day that you are not scheduled to work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But I like getting my 8th place soccer trophy..haha..just a side note,a driver told me one year he was on vacation and had jury duty the same week and ups had to pay for his time going to jury duty. Getting paid vacation and for his jury service.. perhaps that can help my case?

The driver in question should have called to postpone his jury duty.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I have jury duty this week Monday no jurors called, tuesay 1-291 called. I am 1460 pretty good chance they will not get that high

AlliSeeisBrown

On your scheduled day off, jury duty is not UPS's issue. Jury duty is a burden carried by citizenship. You'd have a better chance with calling the government and asking to be paid your UPS wage for jury duty. AKA, won't happen bucko.

Upsanddowns28

Yes.. I see now that It does clearly state in the Handbook that UPS will only pay for jury duty if it falls on your scheduled work day.. That is the reason why the driver that I stated earlier that had jury duty during his vacation, ups had to still pay for him to go,including his vacation check because that was is regular schedule work days..

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I was called for jury duty on my week vacation years ago. I was allowed to reschedule my vacation week.