Jury Duty

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I've never served as a juror.
I was called once but was excused when I told them I believed in 'jury nullification'* because I felt almost all laws were unjust and unneeded.

I have not been called since.
I guess I got put on a list.

* The Georgia Constitution specifically allows for jury nullification, regardless of what our judiciary opines. “In criminal cases, the defendant shall have a speedy trial by an impartial jury; and the jury shall be the judges of the law and the facts."

upload_2020-1-31_18-51-30.jpeg

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I've never served as a juror.
I was called once but was excused when I told them I believed in 'jury nullification'* because I felt almost all laws were unjust and unneeded.

I have not been called since.
I guess I got put on a list.

* The Georgia Constitution specifically allows for jury nullification, regardless of what our judiciary opines. “In criminal cases, the defendant shall have a speedy trial by an impartial jury; and the jury shall be the judges of the law and the facts."

View attachment 281583
Are you getting ready to move to Montana and be "one of those"?

bacha29

Send a letter of the judge's law clerk. Tell him that you have doubts about your ability to hear well enough to hear testimony clearly enough to understand all that is being said. If you're looking after an aging spouse or loved one and would have and most likely have to pay someone to look after that person while you serve make sure that fact is known as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
A senior citizen who won't do his patriotic duty and serve on a jury. That just isn't right. I've been called twice for jury duty and served on probably 6 or 8 cases (was even a jury foreman once). I always found it fascinating. If I lived in the wild west I would be know as a hanging judge--GUILTY GUILY GUILTY

KOG72

I’m full of it
Just tell them right off the bat that they are guilty,why would they even be here if they weren’t.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My hubby and I get jury notices too often......I pull the "C" card and get out of it now. When you are
72 1/2, the 'nursing mother' excuse doesn't work anymore.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I love jury duty. Ups pays us our full wages. Also they usually doesn't ask for the jury pay as it costs more to process it than they are getting. I am suprised they don't tell the bosses to get the check from us and shred it.
Also the court hours are usually much less than 8 hours and we get a full days pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
I love jury duty. Ups pays us our full wages. Also they usually doesn't ask for the jury pay as it costs more to process it than they are getting. I am suprised they don't tell the bosses to get the check from us and shred it.
Also the court hours are usually much less than 8 hours and we get a full days pay.
And one thing that was really a plus for me was both times I was on jury duty it was for the winter session and that Court House was way warmer than my UPS truck.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Hell yeah. I was a juror on a murder trial a few years ago. Lasted three weeks. Easiest money I ever made at UPS.

BrownArmy

My wife just pulled Grand Jury duty.

Lasts for 18 months.

I asked her, why didn't you try to get out of it?

She said, everyone 'getting out of it' looked like a complete loser, their excuses were probably fake.

Yup.

(Dammit)