just a little confused

on this past friday my center manager put me on a ad cut route and i was doing it blind. i had about 180 stops but was driving upwards of 30 minutes to get to another area. i didnt finish until 9pm friday night. now is there anything displinary that they can do to me?

bumped

on this past friday my center manager put me on a ad cut route and i was doing it blind. i had about 180 stops but was driving upwards of 30 minutes to get to another area. i didnt finish until 9pm friday night. now is there anything displinary that they can do to me?

What did you do to cause disciplinary action. Did you hit something?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long as you let them know what the situation was and put the ball in their court, it's on them. All they can do is pay you the OT.

no i did not hit anything at all! the route took longer than i thought and came back super late. im a new cover driver (swing driver) and have my senority also. and my supervisor was mad that i was out super late.

i thought i did a pretty good job myself. my onroad supervisor is new and clueless as to what hes doing ! i did a 136 stop route and was done at 4 pm and was back in the building bye 440 and he told me i was 35 minutes over my allowed time

bbsam

Staff member
Open letter to Over

Of course we are friends. But weeks ago I gave you 72 hours to figure it out and you never came back to it. Now you proclaim your love for me and serenade me but then close the thread. What's a guy to think?

over9five

Staff member
Open letter to Over

Of course we are friends. But weeks ago I gave you 72 hours to figure it out and you never came back to it. Now you proclaim your love for me and serenade me but then close the thread. What's a guy to think?
uhhh, it wasn't me that closed it....
But I do luv you, man....

PS, I guess I'm really slow. I remember you giving me time to figure something out, but I don't remember what...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
no i did not hit anything at all! the route took longer than i thought and came back super late. im a new cover driver (swing driver) and have my senority also. and my supervisor was mad that i was out super late.

You were nothing more than the messenger of the sad fact that, once again, their fu%ked up "plan" was an abject failure.

The important thing was that they got the packages out of the building, they got the preloader off of the clock, and they cut out enough routes to look good on a report.

Minor "details" such as missed packages, missed pickups or drivers like yourself who didnt get back to the building until after 9:00 at night just arent part of the "big picture." You arent the first driver to come back to the building at 9:00, nor will you be the last. By Tuesday they will have completely forgotten your late night and will be hard at work screwing things up for someone else.

and when i talked to another driver that i had to pick up more stops from he told me that he had done the same type of route with less stops and didnt clock out until 945 and hes been driving for over 20 years

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i thought i did a pretty good job myself. my onroad supervisor is new and clueless as to what hes doing ! i did a 136 stop route and was done at 4 pm and was back in the building bye 440 and he told me i was 35 minutes over my allowed time

First its just numbers pay no attention. Second if you didn't take a pay actual and got your guarantee all that means is you had less than 8 hours of work that why you showed up over allowed. This happened to me once while training. I Was done in 7 hours but only had a 7.5 planned day. Since I was Paid for 8 I showed up .5 late instead of .5 early.

Also did you have air that didn't make it back to the trailer and did not notify them the air wouldn't make it back? This would be the only way they could punish you.

well tomorrow if they put me on a route ill ask him after he chews my butt for being back late and see what he says all the while i try to keep from laughing at him. my on road has been with the company less time than i have and also has less driving time than myself.

UPSGUY72

Next time they will learn not to put you on that cluster.... or if they do it will be with less stops... If not come back at 9:00 again...

Last edited:

iowa boy

Let them be pissed, I have yet to see them come back with an accurate time study on an add/cut or garbage route. Every garbage route I have run I have been at least 45 minutes over and they get pissed but there is nothing they can do to dicipline you.