Just a scenario. What could happen?

bigmistake

A particular customer was abusive towards you. You act professionally. Later, lets say 3 days later you happen to run into this same customer while you're on your own time and off the clock. Words are exchanged and punches are thrown. What could actually happen?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Anything that happenned off the clock is usually not subject to discipline, however, UPS probably will(and should) act on this proactively for the company's future relationship with this customer. As much as I feel like your time off the clock is none of UPS business, I have to ask what the hell were you thinking? You lost your cool in a situation that you are very aware could potentially have an affect on your future ability to make a living for your family and yourself. I am very much the type of person that will not take **** off anyone, but Getting into a fight with a customer, on or off the clock, is just plain stupid!!

texan

A particular customer was abusive towards you. You act professionally. Later, lets say 3 days later you happen to run into this same customer while you're on your own time and off the clock. Words are exchanged and punches are thrown. What could actually happen?

Your character becomes less than a potential for excellence and a man of peace.

Forgive, unforgiveness eats at one like a cancer, it eats your soul and heart.

I am not there yet, but I know.... I strive to practice this, and let the male macho ego die.

Shalom

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Perhaps you should have asked yourself that before it happened? People have been killed over a lot less, I hope you don't have anyone at home depending on you. Best case scenerio from this is you learn a lesson in acting like an adult. Children react over emotion, adults think it through and understand consequences of actions before acting on them.

DorkHead

A lot could happen. Do not let it get that far in the first place.

The customer could complain to ups that they don't want you in there again. Ups in turn could kick you off your route and you could grieve it and maybe lose. The customer could also file a restraining order against you with the same possible outcome. Don't :censored2: where you eat

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i had a diff scenario, but same basic principle. Had a friend who lived on my route whos neighborhood had a big yearly xmas party. Had a goog time with all, fun night, except for one :censored2:. I was patient with his insults all nite but he made the mistake of being a pr!ck to my wife I broke my pinky on his face and knocked him unconscious.. never heard a word from him again. Dr'd stuff since at his house and seen him doing yardwork but he ignores me

rocket man

:knockedout:I would walk away find upstate nyers phone number call him get him to come down and be the refferee and knock out the reff:happy-very: just joking