Just flashed on CNBC about UPS

thessalonian13

UPS hiring 95,000 seasonal employees for the holidays; also adding trucks, planes and trailers for the PACKAGE DELUGE. Now that doesn't sound good. Can anybody say: DISASTER!!!!!! LOL

Babagounj

Strength through joy
They are only hiring 40,000 more than last year .
No need to panic .
The stock price already took a hit last month about this .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS hiring 95,000 seasonal employees for the holidays; also adding trucks, planes and trailers for the PACKAGE DELUGE. Now that doesn't sound good. Can anybody say: DISASTER!!!!!! LOL
First been covered a few times time already today.

Second why would hiring more people and having more equipment mean disaster?

thessalonian13

They are only hiring 40,000 more than last year .
No need to panic .
The stock price already took a hit last month about this .
I am not panicking. We are already short drivers. This year will be a complete disaster. There will be too much work and not enough drivers. Thank God I have a van route and they can't give me residentials. I will be punching out at 715pm during peak just like i do the rest of the year. I will be the 1st one in every night. LOL

PT Car Washer

They will be hired in October and not used until late November or early December. For 2 or 3 hours a day for 3 or 4 days a week. Until everything falls apart and then we want you 24/7.

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
By law we can only work so many hours. No pressure.
Not so fast. By law, we can only "operate the vehicle" for so many hours in a week. No limit to how many hours in a week we can sit in the jump seat. Saw it happen several times in our center during last year's disastrous peak. When you run out of hours, they find a driver or DOT qualified management person who "claims" to have several hours left, and you instantly become a driver's helper with full method / DIAD and area knowledge Worst case I know of last peak, a driver was out past 2am! with a supervisor as the driver.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not so fast. By law, we can only "operate the vehicle" for so many hours in a week. No limit to how many hours in a week we can sit in the jump seat. Saw it happen several times in our center during last year's disastrous peak. When you run out of hours, they find a driver or DOT qualified management person who "claims" to have several hours left, and you instantly become a driver's helper with full method / DIAD and area knowledge Worst case I know of last peak, a driver was out past 2am! with a supervisor as the driver.
All at nearly $50/hr.

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
All at nearly $50/hr.
Yah, I understand the $$$ value, but after you've already worked 60 hours right before Christmas, who in the *ell wants to work until 2am with an 8:30 start the PREVIOUS morning! That's just NOT human!

browntroll

i cant wait to see the kind of oddballs they hire this season or the new stories everyone has to share. i talked to my sup
and he plans to bring in a few of his buddies this season, one guy brought his brother(probably hates him) i might do
driver helper this year but i always hear horror stories so i have never done it.