Just gonna vent

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Done the class, have the license, working preload and finally had a start date to go driving full time perm. Boom passed up do to higher seniority, had another date same thing, just got bumped again. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Granted I have only been here 4 months and understand the process just wish I could get going. Ok I feel better. Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

newarkster

I thought you had to wait 1 year before you could even get on the transfer list? At least that's what I had to do years ago.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Yes, it did take years to go full time. I did plan on waiting a while but lucky for me and a lot of other guys UPS is on a mad hire. So now that I'm thisclose I can't help but in wanting to get the ball rolling. Said I was venting not complaining or whining.

Sent using BrownCafe App

S

selfcancelsignal

The minimum in our center is supposed to be 6 months. That's exactly how long I worked preload before I went driving. Another guy did preload for 2 months & went driving. The rest have been off the street hires of late. Between not a lot of interest, driving issues, & mgmt. kinda jerkin' a few guys around...

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

JDA88

Only been there four months and have a shot at full-time? Most people have to wait years for the chance.
Exactly. It took me 7 years to be on the #1 spot for cover driving, and recently got bumped off too so I am still waiting. I am glad I started young. It will probably be another 2-3 years before I get a full time driving spot.

HubBub

Wow, I thought I hit the jackpot at 3+ years. 4 months? I'm not gonna say don't complain... okay, I'll say it, don't complain. You're close to landing a job that'll pay more than most jobs after 4 years of college and a load of student loan debt... after 4 months and no debt.

xtatic77

I went in for a part time gig at the local airport..2 days later hired for full perm driver. I almost shyt myself.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Done the class, have the license, working preload and finally had a start date to go driving full time perm. Boom passed up do to higher seniority, had another date same thing, just got bumped again. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Granted I have only been here 4 months and understand the process just wish I could get going. Ok I feel better. Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App
tiniest_violin.gif