just got a damn ticket

kelster

Oh I have been 16 months since I have touched alcohol. My manager is telling me to find a case like mine and maybe I can win the grievance

Sent using BrownCafe App

kelster

Gonna have the interlock device in my personal vehicle and have been told if UPS gives me a letter I can drive ups truck. Union has been denied in the southeast 3 times and my manager is really wanting me to beat this thing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
In my state, you lose your license for 1 year for the 1st offense. Some judges have made it 5 days less than a year so that drivers do not lose their jobs.

You are pretty much at the mercy of those in charge. Might be a good time to rethink some of your choices.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you get a ticket for drunk driving it is very unlikely UPS will allow you to drive. Those work letters are usually used so people can drive to and from work and not work as a driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Gonna have the interlock device in my personal vehicle and have been told if UPS gives me a letter I can drive ups truck. Union has been denied in the southeast 3 times and my manager is really wanting me to beat this thing.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you lived in my state, you'd be SOL...getting an interlock means you are not legally allowed to drive any vehicle without an interlock...and you
would have a restricted license...only to and from work, dr appts...necessary driving only.

kelster

New contract gives 2 years but I will miss that by 2 months. My boss is challenging me to find a case that the letter was issued so I can use it to make all in my situation able to keep their position. My state is the leading state with the toughest DUI laws.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
It's nice that your boss is helping you, but you may want to start looking for a new job. Depending on your local agreement, you may be able to work inside for a year, but 1 day after that year, if you cannot drive, you are done.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
New contract gives 2 years but I will miss that by 2 months. My boss is challenging me to find a case that the letter was issued so I can use it to make all in my situation able to keep their position. My state is the leading state with the toughest DUI laws.

Sent using BrownCafe App
BS...a lot of states are cracking down drunk driving....my state...your first offense can be an interlock and restricted license for 3 years!

kelster

Not the case at all new contract two years and all I lose is position not job, have 20 years in and just looking to keep driving seniority

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's nice that your boss is helping you, but you may want to start looking for a new job. Depending on your local agreement, you may be able to work inside for a year, but 1 day after that year, if you cannot drive, you are done.
For the sake of argument...if they allow a driver a preload position while his license is messed up....he has the right to bump 2 PTers with less seniority, correct?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not at our center, it reads in alcohol related situations work is only offered when available

Sent using BrownCafe App
Good...and you can all balk at me for saying so...but I'd be pretty pissed if a 20 year driver bumped me off preload because he got a DWI...handle your business, don't make your problem someone else's.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I started driving my bar hopping days ended. It wasn't worth risking my job over. Drink at home, don't drink and drive.
It isn't JUST your job to think about when you get behind the wheel after drinking. My father was killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver years ago.