just got back from the doctor.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought for sure I had some how broke my left ankle but the doc says its gout. Never experienced it before but dang it is painful. He gave me some meds and told me to lay off the beer for awhile (Friday ----of all days to be told that) Here I thought I had been a real good boy lately but I guess now I have to be even better. Has any one had any experience with gout?

raceanoncr

Ex-driving partner did. Pretty bad, too.

Had to chomp bananas like a school of chimps. Take meds to keep his pee normal (don't know what that's gotta do with it).

He's OK if he watches that. Good luck

rod

Retired 22 years
Ex-driving partner did. Pretty bad, too.

Had to chomp bananas like a school of chimps. Take meds to keep his pee normal (don't know what that's gotta do with it).

He's OK if he watches that. Good luck

I always watch where i pee-------------------------unless I'm in a fancy office building.

Its a good thing we are expecting another 4 inches of snow tonight because it would kill me not to be able to ride the new motorcycle if the weather was nice. The wife is out of town for a week so I don't have anyone to wait on me----bummer!

raceanoncr

Western part of this state got shut down too.

Ain't had mine out yet...Pic should suffice ankel 002.jpg Get that thing healed up and some miles on the new "Chopper", man.
ankel 002.jpg

bigbrownhen

My hubby has had trouble with gout for years. It tends to start with a slight injury, like tweaking your ankle or something. Your body doesn't process protein like it should, and it will crystalize in a joint with an injury, there can be severe swelling in the area. It is very painful, and takes quite awhile to stop hurting. Hubby takes a daily perscription for it and hasn't had a flare up in a long time. You might try cutting back on protein for a few days. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

rod

Retired 22 years
My hubby has had trouble with gout for years. It tends to start with a slight injury, like tweaking your ankle or something. Your body doesn't process protein like it should, and it will crystalize in a joint with an injury, there can be severe swelling in the area. It is very painful, and takes quite awhile to stop hurting. Hubby takes a daily perscription for it and hasn't had a flare up in a long time. You might try cutting back on protein for a few days. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Oh-- the miracle of modern medicine. The little pill he prescribe for me has all but wiped out the pain in less than a day. I feel 100% better-------------------except when I read the fact sheet for possible side effects of this pill--some of which enclude:

heart attach
stroke
high blood pressure
kidney failure
bleeding ulcers
anemia
life-threatening skin reactions
liver problems
life-threatening allergic reactions
asthma attachs
stomach pain
constipation
diarrhea
gas
heartburn
nausea
vomiting
dizzines

yes------I feel much better now----------------I think.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Oh-- the miracle of modern medicine. The little pill he prescribe for me has all but wiped out the pain in less than a day. I feel 100% better-------------------except when I read the fact sheet for possible side effects of this pill--some of which enclude:

heart attach
stroke
high blood pressure
kidney failure
bleeding ulcers
anemia
liver problems
asthma attachs
stomach pain
constipation
diarrhea
gas
heartburn
nausea
vomiting
dizzines

Thankfully, there's no ED side effect....!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I gave up reading all those warnings in extra small print.....I'm afraid the power of suggestion will make me think I have that side effect. Besides if I would read the warnings, I probably wouldn't take most of the pills I take now. I just ask my doctor, "what are the side effects I should look out for?" He only mentions a couple of them and not the 100's that are listed.

For the drug co., it's just a CMA sheet of paper.

I thought for sure I had some how broke my left ankle but the doc says its gout. Never experienced it before but dang it is painful. He gave me some meds and told me to lay off the beer for awhile (Friday ----of all days to be told that) Here I thought I had been a real good boy lately but I guess now I have to be even better. Has any one had any experience with gout?
Dad is that you???

rod

Retired 22 years
I would think that is an non-issue at his age.

Good Lord!!!! I'm only 63. I know I'm getting more than you. I have a great wife who still enjoys (never mind- none of your business)----------and lets me get a new Harley. Come to think of it I believe things have even got better since the new bike. Hows that ignore feature working for you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good Lord!!!! I'm only 63. I know I'm getting more than you. I have a great wife who still enjoys (never mind- none of your business)----------and lets me get a new Harley. Come to think of it I believe things have even got better since the new bike. Hows that ignore feature working for you?

GO ROD !!!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
GO ROD !!!!!

Rod is just a nickname that was given to me because -------------------------------nevermind. I see I just hit the 4,000th post mark. I would tell upstate that I am gaining on him----- but he has me on ignore.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Rod is just a nickname that was given to me because -------------------------------nevermind. I see I just hit the 4,000th post mark. I would tell upstate that I am gaining on him----- but he has me on ignore.

Put the glasses on. You're nearing 5,000.

old levi's

blank space

heart attach
stroke
high blood pressure
kidney failure
bleeding ulcers
anemia
liver problems
asthma attachs
stomach pain
constipation
diarrhea
gas
heartburn
nausea
vomiting
dizzines

OK, so what's the downside?

DS

Fenderbender

Yup,about 8 months ago I thought the same thing and I too had never experienced it before.I too love my beer and the night before I had consumed 3 of a new offering from my brand creemore.It's called kellerbier and is cloudy and completely unfiltered.
I chalked it up to the beer and have avoided the kellerbier but contiued drinking my usual lager and the gout has not returned.