Just got disqualified - any thoughts?

wncdriver

So I have only been driving 27 days now, per my center mgr and 'trainer', and last night when i brought the truck in they told me to come in and work the preload (been a preloader for awhile now) and they would go over my training packet with me after the preload. They basically told me today that my performance wasnt good enought, ie i never ran scratch, to qualify and i could try again in a year.
But... they added onto my training route areas that I had never been trained on, 3 areas total (on different days), and the regular driver for this route never goes out as heavy as i have been and also other drivers who run it (cover) dont do any better than i have been as far as over allowance and sporh.
Do i have an argument? I dont want to get into a big argument with them over this (hopefully with the unions help) and end up gaining nothing but bad blood between my and management.
Any ideas, thoughts, comments, 'sucks to be you' kinda things?
:dissapointed:

kingOFchester

So I have only been driving 27 days now, per my center mgr and 'trainer', and last night when i brought the truck in they told me to come in and work the preload (been a preloader for awhile now) and they would go over my training packet with me after the preload. They basically told me today that my performance wasnt good enought, ie i never ran scratch, to qualify and i could try again in a year.
But... they added onto my training route areas that I had never been trained on, 3 areas total (on different days), and the regular driver for this route never goes out as heavy as i have been and also other drivers who run it (cover) dont do any better than i have been as far as over allowance and sporh.
Do i have an argument? I dont want to get into a big argument with them over this (hopefully with the unions help) and end up gaining nothing but bad blood between my and management.
Any ideas, thoughts, comments, 'sucks to be you' kinda things?
:dissapointed:

Don't really have an answer for you. Sorry. There could be so many reasons why they DQ you.
They may not want to give seniority to anyone for what ever reason.
They may not personally like you.
Perhaps you really didn't show potential.

Did you hit anything in your 27 days? Did you get the job done albeit a little slower than a seasoned driver? Unless you were screwing off you did the job ok imo. Safety before performance.

HULKAMANIA

Personally I think we are going to see more and more of this. The time allowances we are receiving anymore are insanely unfair. Scratch shouldnt mean anything, it should be the sporh that you have to worry about. I would file asap and see if that changes their tones. Honestly it sounds to me like they USED you for 27 days with the intent of boning you before the 30 days was over. Ive seen it happen before. Let us know what you find out.

UPSGUY72

Dont sign nothing get local involved they have to give you 30 days, dont give up

They don't have to give your 30 days they can disqualify you any day of the 30 days you have to qualify for any reason they want. If your driving on your 31 day your in...

The OP admitted he never ran scratch...

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Don't really have an answer for you. Sorry. There could be so many reasons why they DQ you.
They may not want to give seniority to anyone for what ever reason.
They may not personally like you.
Perhaps you really didn't show potential.

Personally I think we are going to see more and more of this. The time allowances we are receiving anymore are insanely unfair. Scratch shouldnt mean anything, it should be the sporh that you have to worry about. I would file asap and see if that changes their tones. Honestly it sounds to me like they USED you for 27 days with the intent of boning you before the 30 days was over. Ive seen it happen before. Let us know what you find out.

They don't have to give your 30 days they can disqualify you any day of the 30 days you have to qualify for any reason they want. If your driving on your 31 day your in...
That's how I see it.

barnyard

KTM rider
For those that say grieve it, grieve what???

Where in the contract does it say that a person cannot be DQ'd????

Not everyone can do the job.

Indecisi0n

He doesn't need a warning letter. You must scratch in your 30 days plain and simple. If you don't you won't get the jobUnless management likes and wants you for management.

UPSGUY72

there is no time allowance hes not on a bid route and 27 days is not 30 days. no letters of warning then what did he do wrong?

What does a bid route have to do with there being time allowances or not ??? He said he was on a training route that had different add/ cuts on it just like any other route does on any given day...

The OP says he knows that cover drivers that do that route don't run scratch either.. I sense we haven't heard the whole story. The OP has given us information that a seasonal driver would know not a someone that is trying to qualify. ( ie the regular driver get less stop and the cover drivers that cover the route can't run scratch either. )

Buck Fifty

What does a bid route have to do with there being time allowances or not ??? He said he was on a training route that had different add/ cuts on it just like any other route does on any given day...

The OP says he knows that cover drivers that do that route don't run scratch either.. I sense we haven't heard the whole story. The OP has given us information that a seasonal driver would know not a someone that is trying to qualify. ( ie the regular driver get less stop and the cover drivers that cover the route can't run scratch either. )

Even if there is a piece missing here, the OP can and should grieve this. Hold the company accountable for their actions. Or hell just roll over and play dead, go back to preload and play dead some more. Unbelievable!!!

rocket man

???
He doesn't need a warning letter. You must scratch in your 30 days plain and simple. If you don't you won't get the jobUnless management likes and wants you for management.
bs you dont have to scratch show what page in contract in any state where it says that. iperformance the only thing i can see what this nt to 31driver did wrong and this is the only thing he bragged that he only had a few days to go> the last few days is when you say nothing to no one you kick back and count to 31

UPSGUY72

Even if there is a piece missing here, the OP can and should grieve this. Hold the company accountable for their actions. Or hell just roll over and play dead, go back to preload and play dead some more. Unbelievable!!!

What's he going to grieve ??? Please state the article and section of the contract that he is going to use when filing his grievance for being DQ's during his 30 days probationary period... They can DQ him for anything and filing a grievance isn't going to help his chance of making his 30 days in the future it would just about make it sure that he will never make his 30 days....

clarnzz

In my center they are so desperate for people who are anywhere close to decent, so you are 1) in the wrong place. 2) just don't get it. They can DQ whomever they want for whatever reason, good luck.

rocket man

WHERE dose it say scracth? it dosent one lesson to all when you get to day 20 and up you shut up dont tell any one and count to 31

clarnzz

WHERE dose it say scracth? it dosent one lesson to all when you get to day 20 and up you shut up dont tell any one and count to 31

It's a joke dude, in my center if you get training route with ****ty time study and dispatch ur screwed, if you get training route two, you can suck and your golden, if you get training route 3, they will likely get an accurate judge of your performance.

UPSGUY72

Your right but we all now it's about the number so you do what ever it takes to make the number (i.e. meaning running your lunch or breaks if you have to.) and as you said you mind your own business and stay off the radar.... Once you qualify take your lunches and breaks and don't worry about there numbers anymore.