just got fired

didyousheetit

I won't lie. This stuff scares me. Got roughly 13 years with the company, and 1.5 driving. Maybe I should have just went combo. Seems those guys have full immunity. And us drivers the reverse. I tire of the PCM's. "Yesterday in Buttlick center we had an accident. The driver was approaching a house located 73.5 miles off of the road. He pulled over to the shoulder, tucked his mirrors, set the parking brake, put on his flashers, and was going to walk it off, seeing as the driveway had unsafe trees, low hanging power lines, 3 poorly placed basketball hoops, and numerous blind children meandering across the driveway. As he was setting off to deliver the package a car from a blind driveway across the street proceeded to back out. Said driver was checking his NFL fantasy team on his Yahoo mobile app, while using a turkey fryer in the passenger seat. Some grease spatter struck his eye, and he immediately fled the vehicle. In his haste, he shut off the engine, put the vehicle in park, and called Triple AAA. While said PC was parked , a massive bird dropping dented the front bumper. Sadly we must say the driver was fired. Obviously an avoidable accident.
first who was the quarterback for his fantasy team? You may have to cut him some slack if it was someone like Romo. Secondly, what kind of grease was used peanut would make you flee but canola would only cause mild irritation. Thirdly, I'm sorry but if he had expected the unexpected as per the DOK he would have known about the migration route of said birds as that's what would be needed to produce a dent. Upon closer look at the post however, how could a bird dropping get on the front bumper without it moving. Looks like the driver got what he deserved

thessalonian13

Had a strange thing happen to me this week .
I was called to a meeting by the mgr with the DM of HR and another hourly as my rep. The DM of Hr told us about a corp concern that a black woman had felt that she was discriminated against . Seems that she shows up at the door of the Customer Counter after closing and was told by employee that she would not be allowed in , yet this same employee let another non-black woman in .
Seeing how I have had issues similar to this complaint , they naturally assumed it was me . And they brought in the DM of HR to drop the hammer on me .
As the DM started to read the letter I asked on what day this happened . And then on what date , the writer of the letter thought it was either on the 9 or 12th of August .
My reply was " I was on vacation " . Seconded by the employee who was standing in as my rep. I turned to my mgr. asking him if he recalled that I had taken all 4 weeks of Aug as vacation time .
Surely they were gunning for me , without first making sure they had all the facts .
Great bunch of people we work for , always siding with some customer rather with a 37yr employee .
I would have just denied it and let them fire me. Let them go through the whole process for a few weeks or months, then at the arbitration hearing I would say, "It could not have been me!!! I was on vacation!!!" LOL Please pay me by back pay. LOL

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I would have just denied it and let them fire me. Let them go through the whole process for a few weeks or months, then at the arbitration hearing I would say, "It could not have been me!!! I was on vacation!!!" LOL Please pay me by back pay. LOL

I had thought about that , but seeing the look on their faces....PRICELESS .
Hopefully they have learned a lesson .
As I have consulted a family member who not only is a lawyer , but holds the tittle of Law Professor . Who claims that I would have a VERY solid case of harassment , should I wish to proceed .

C

chuchu

You can always work inside to get your 8 hours in. Never drive with broken glass. That's a DOT violation. friend

OPTION3

To be fair, the termination appears to have come from above the center manager, the geniuses studying the power point presentation.

You see....thats where your thinking is flawed....HE KNOWS it's unjust...yet he proceeds because it's his job! Think about that for a moment.....friend'ing with your life because it's his job...It really is insulting to you. Some people NEVER see that side of it, no matter how many times you point it out. There are many things a center manager can do in this situation to rectify the problem(unjust termination).....CALLING IT HIS/HER JOB NEVER MAKES IT RIGHT!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You see....thats where your thinking is flawed....HE KNOWS it's unjust...yet he proceeds because it's his job! Think about that for a moment.....friend'ing with your life because it's his job...It really is insulting to you. Some people NEVER see that side of it, no matter how many times you point it out. There are many things a center manager can do in this situation to rectify the problem(unjust termination).....CALLING IT HIS/HER JOB NEVER MAKES IT RIGHT!
Management isn't allowed to make logical, rational decision. We can't blame the center manager for protecting his/her own job and doing it "right" according to Mr. Burns's in the ivory towers.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Management isn't allowed to make logical, rational decision. We can't blame the center manager for protecting his/her own job and doing it "right" according to Mr. Burns's in the ivory towers.

Still not right. So you're saying that if a gunman who is holding your family as hostages told you to run over some kids near a school you would selfishly do it just to save your family. People now a dats are inconsidetate and selfish, thats the number one problem of the world and will it's demise.

purplesky

We work for the devil......whatever happened to innocent to proven guilty??...Thats our union not at work for us......just like this contract!..just saying........but im not the only one!..take the 2 horses off the Teamster sign and replace with 2 tampons!..get me the friend out of here.......and I will never ever ever take another sellout Teamster job......the only thing they care about is oue dues money....and OBAMA...............SHOVE IT FAT ASS HOFFA

​So you make about (95k per year) with (7 weeks of vacation) and a (healthy defined pension) and (paid for health insurance) and a (very low cost 401k) AND IT IS STILL VERY HARD TO GET FIRED PERMANENTLY FROM UPS UNLESS YOU REALLY DESERVE IT.

UNION DUES ARENT ****$$(UNION DUES=1 TAKE HOME PAYCHECK PER YEAR:wink2: )WHEN YOU ADD UP THE BENEFITS OF BEING A TEAMSTER AT UPS YOU SOUND LIKE A FOOL. NO OFFENSE. I understand the frustration.

​He will get his job back. Its the UPS management culture and its nothing new. It actually used to be worse.

Sorry man. This had to be said. Consider it a corporate capitalism America 2013 reality check. We are ****ing blessed to be Teamsters at UPS.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

I won't lie. This stuff scares me. Got roughly 13 years with the company, and 1.5 driving. Maybe I should have just went combo. Seems those guys have full immunity. And us drivers the reverse. I tire of the PCM's. "Yesterday in Buttlick center we had an accident. The driver was approaching a house located 73.5 miles off of the road. He pulled over to the shoulder, tucked his mirrors, set the parking brake, put on his flashers, and was going to walk it off, seeing as the driveway had unsafe trees, low hanging power lines, 3 poorly placed basketball hoops, and numerous blind children meandering across the driveway. As he was setting off to deliver the package a car from a blind driveway across the street proceeded to back out. Said driver was checking his NFL fantasy team on his Yahoo mobile app, while using a turkey fryer in the passenger seat. Some grease spatter struck his eye, and he immediately fled the vehicle. In his haste, he shut off the engine, put the vehicle in park, and called Triple AAA. While said PC was parked , a massive bird dropping dented the front bumper. Sadly we must say the driver was fired. Obviously an avoidable accident.

Buttlick center. LOL

House located 73.5 miles off the road. LOL

you've weaved a funny tale here

PT Car Washer

​So you make about (95k per year) with (7 weeks of vacation) and a (healthy defined pension) and (paid for health insurance) and a (very low cost 401k) AND IT IS STILL VERY HARD TO GET FIRED PERMANENTLY FROM UPS UNLESS YOU REALLY DESERVE IT.

UNION DUES ARENT ****$$(UNION DUES=1 TAKE HOME PAYCHECK PER YEAR:wink2: )WHEN YOU ADD UP THE BENEFITS OF BEING A TEAMSTER AT UPS YOU SOUND LIKE A FOOL. NO OFFENSE. I understand the frustration.

​He will get his job back. Its the UPS management culture and its nothing new. It actually used to be worse.

Sorry man. This had to be said. Consider it a corporate capitalism America 2013 reality check. We are ****ing blessed to be Teamsters at UPS.
Reality check time.

OPTION3

I once had a Very decent center manager......I got an unjust termination....he kept it on his desk past the ten days...then issued it to me saying,"my boss is making me do this, I don't know what happened to it...it disappeared for 11 days"......Thats a sup I can work for...AND i did every time I could help him with a "problem" I would...The guy in the ABOVE is a SNAKE(center manager)!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
After reading many of the post and replies here and hearing so many similar situations by other drivers it important to understand what these false accusations are.

Its akin to insurance fraud. They don't see a UPS shield on the side of the truck they see a $ sign and a way to fix a cash problem in there life.

Its happen to me when I was accused of crushing a culvert that ran underneath the beginning driveway on the far end of the culvert. Luckily I had a good metro-sup at that time and he told me to go out and talk to the guy and find out whats going on. I backed by truck up closed to the damaged area and had the guy compare my tire treads to the tracks on the ground. No match.

From that day on I pay some attention to damage to driveways and other objects. Its just another layer of B.S. I deal with but with camera phones a snap shot can speak volumes before UPS management shoots first and ask question later...which is there preferred method of dealing with anything.

I think if more driver sued more customers and it got local and national press UPS would rethink there shoot first policy and due slightly more than ZERO due diligence.

rkctkc

Had the meeting. They say there is evidence that there us damage done to the car by a brown vehicle, but there is absolutely no evidence that I did it other than I delivered to their house., so they offered the termination dropped down to a time served suspension. Which is bogus. Steward says its not really worth persuing it any farther over 3 days of backpay. Steward says that it could take 2-3 months or longer to get the case settled, so if I don't have the cash stacked up then I should just take the offer and just take the last 3 days as a loss. I just went through a divorce and am pretty broke right now so I have to go to work. Its pretty crappy that they know I didn't do it now, but still gonna stick with a discipline. I filed on the unjust termination already, now can I file on the suspension that I already served?

FilingBluesFL

Had the meeting. They say there is evidence that there us damage done to the car by a brown vehicle, but there is absolutely no evidence that I did it other than I delivered to their house., so they offered the termination dropped down to a time served suspension. Which is bogus. Steward says its not really worth persuing it any farther over 3 days of backpay. Steward says that it could take 2-3 months or longer to get the case settled, so if I don't have the cash stacked up then I should just take the offer and just take the last 3 days as a loss. I just went through a divorce and am pretty broke right now so I have to go to work. Its pretty crappy that they know I didn't do it now, but still gonna stick with a discipline. I filed on the unjust termination already, now can I file on the suspension that I already served?

That sucks dude, but at least it wasn't a whole month like what happened with me.

Pretty much led to the foreclosure of my house among other things...