Just got my workers comp settlement, 7 months after I got fired.

FUFred

I was laughing all the way to the bank. I was fired back in March 2013 from Express. I was worried about my workers comp settlement, and thought all was lost because of my termination. Well, got my check in the mail today. :censored2: you Sedwick, Fedex Management, Senior Mgr, and my old Mgr that didn't want to see me win. I won. Granted, my lawyer got a nice slice of the pie, but I got a very nice settlement.

This is the second time that having a lawyer worked for me against Fedex. First, a lawyer won my unemployment case, and now the workers comp settlement.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Good for you!

Nice to see somebody taking something in return from this craphole company.

Did you lose your job because of the workman's comp claim?

HomeDelivery

i thought their SOP (standard operating procedure) was to settle out of court w/ a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements... at least that's what i've seen in Ground/Home Delivery cases

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was laughing all the way to the bank. I was fired back in March 2013 from Express. I was worried about my workers comp settlement, and thought all was lost because of my termination. Well, got my check in the mail today. :censored2: you Sedwick, Fedex Management, Senior Mgr, and my old Mgr that didn't want to see me win. I won. Granted, my lawyer got a nice slice of the pie, but I got a very nice settlement.

This is the second time that having a lawyer worked for me against Fedex. First, a lawyer won my unemployment case, and now the workers comp settlement.

Bravo Zulu!! Did they "vigorously defend themselves and admit no wrongdoing". Eff them...good on you.

FUFred

Bravo Zulu!! Did they "vigorously defend themselves and admit no wrongdoing". Eff them...good on you.

MFE, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. They pulled all the dirty tricks, it was my fault, it was me, me me, not fedex. The lawyer was great, but it didn't go to court. Fedex ALWAYS settles out of court, but no gag order for me.
I'll never shut up. Haha. So, I'm in a new position, with a new company, but I'll help anyone out that I can. I have passed on all the info I can to current express couriers, CSA and other employees. I'll still check this site and help anyone out. I had 2 former co-workers get canned, who used the same unemployment lawyer I used. They too won their cases and can have some sort of financial help while seeking out a new job. I see the guys, gals I used to work with, I hear the stories, I pass on this site, my experiences and knowledge to them.

Fedex627

Ive been with fedex for 14 1/2 years. Injured twice.last year back. This year torn labrum. Doc says I need a new hip in a few years. Thinking about hiring an attorney. If you mind me asking. What was your reward ? And how do they calculate it.

FUFred

Ive been with fedex for 14 1/2 years. Injured twice.last year back. This year torn labrum. Doc says I need a new hip in a few years. Thinking about hiring an attorney. If you mind me asking. What was your reward ? And how do they calculate it.

I'm not going to post my settlement. Best advice is to get an attorney who can help you out. Following me on the form isn't going to get you any answers either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not going to post my settlement. Best advice is to get an attorney who can help you out. Following me on the form isn't going to get you any answers either.

Settlement terms are always confidential, and revealing the amount could negate the settlement agreement. I know someone who successfully sued FedEx back in the early 90's, and he would say nothing about the settlement except that he was "comfortably retired".

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I sometimes wonder if my contractor is eager to get me back into the truck just so he can fire me. I've got nothing but paranoia after being on this site for a year.

ki03

ki03

Can i have your lawyer information i was recently hurt after not being there 2weeks, without proper training and now they have me on a no lifting ristriction and they rrying to fire me can you please help me

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can i have your lawyer information i was recently hurt after not being there 2weeks, without proper training and now they have me on a no lifting ristriction and they rrying to fire me can you please help me
Better to talk to an attorney.

FUFred hasn't been online for for 2 months.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A no lifting restriction will most definitely put you on a hit list. You need to give some more information so you can get some good advice. Do not reveal your location etc.

This company is reprehensible.

Goldilocks

Sounds like Harassment to me. Which is typical for Fedex. I knew a lot of women losing their babies or going into premature labor because they were expected to run a route no matter what. That included bulk routes. Screw you Fedex. And yes, I was one of those women. Go get a lawyer and take care of yourself. Believe me, Fedex does not care about you.