Just Left Ups have questions

Bleedwithme

i was a part time employee, had to leave for family reason, and after receiving my final payout i noticed i had a A/R weekly deduction. i am curious as to what that is for.Also due to the contract negotiations i am due back pay from august. Am i still going to receive that money? any help with these questions would be appreciated.Thank You

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I don't have a copy in front of me but do know that we can be held financially responsible for bad DR's with a value of $100 or more.

I trust that since that "bad d/r" you have not driver released any packages since? I know I wouldn't d/r anything if I couldn't depend on my management team to back me up in situations such as this.

upschuck

I've only seen shortage on cod checks and couldn't get consignee to pay the extra or when they paid you too many hours, having deducted that way. Even with that, they made they employee aware of the discrepancy, and sign to have it deducted from their paycheck.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've only seen shortage on cod checks and couldn't get consignee to pay the extra or when they paid you too many hours, having deducted that way. Even with that, they made they employee aware of the discrepancy, and sign to have it deducted from their paycheck.

One time I saw UPS deducted money from my check to pay for a package without asking or even telling me. I just saw it on the pay stub. I threw a fit because I did NOT owe for that package. It was damaged in building and was never even on my truck. My center manager knew what happened and agreed that money should never have been deducted. But I never could find out who Ok'ed trying to make me pay for it. Nobody would admit they did it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Doesn't seem legally sound to take money from a paycheck, without the payee knowing.
Its not. I got my money back but if I hadn't noticed then UPS would have gotten away with it. And I could never find out who was to blame. The package was damaged on the boxline and the center manager already had it as a center write off.

Kae3106

Have your center put in a payroll inquiry and they'll tell you what happened. I used to see these most frequently with payroll overpayments that they were recovering. In some states, we were required to have a signed letter from the employee authorizing the deduction. In other states, we weren't but always sent a courtesy letter explaining the issue first. They can also be generated from damage/DR/COD issues but those aren't terribly common.

Someone had to manually key the item into the payroll system so someone has to know what it is.