Just like 97' all over again!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Maplewood, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Our reps just got back from 3-4 days of national "Negotiations" in Florida. Most locals spent alot of money to send reps to be on hand for bargaining. The company was gracious enough to meet with us face to face for less than 15 min! And these upper management Retards can't figure out why we will no longer meet early. Maybe video conferencing next time? Why waste members money when the company CEO's can't get their heads out of their own :censored2:s. Orion could do a better job than this new generation of UPS management morons -Lol Everyone on the union side is now convinced UPS management wants do all the deliveries themselves this August. I can't wait.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Coldworld

Coldworld Ringleader of this sht show...

Wait and see what is offered... whatever it is we have the numbers to vote this whole contract down....I just wish they would have kept O’Brien on as head negotiator...

3. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

we’ve been infiltrating illegal immigrants and chinese coolies into the country for years now

when the pre-arranged signal goes up, we’ll roll out our super-scabs, decker in ill fitting (but cheap) uniforms, driving automatics, with full ORION optimization and mapping, at $15/hr

Trump helped us organize the final steps in 2016, with the assistance of the Russian embassy

• Funny x 10
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

Both sides exchange proposals ahead of the actual meetings so much of the work is already done before they sit down.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Chinese coolies - nice!

6. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I’ll tell u what. When they take out a 400 plus piece disaster and leave it at the side of the road I will be laughing my ass off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Won’t Fedex just take all the volume?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. BakerMayfield2018

Lmao.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Coldworld

Coldworld Ringleader of this sht show...

What local are you in???

10. bbsam

Now for the serious question. What percentage could competitors take that never comes back to UPS?

11. BakerMayfield2018

Never? 3% ? I don’t know man, I just know that my truck is packed to the gills and the fed ex guy shows up with a half empty truck.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  12. bbsam

That’s cool. We’ll take whatever you’re willing to give.:)

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

It would be at least 10% to as much as 20% that we would lose forever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop is funny

Good riddance

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

i’d say 30-40%, maybe an additional 10-15% temporarily

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

While I don’t think there will be a strike and that it will actually get ratified early, I think you are wayyy over estimating fedex’s capacity/capabilities.

17. bbsam

I think that’s a little short sighted.

There is no way that Fedex would come close to taking everything in the event of a strike.

However, if companies are switching to Fedex (even partially) to “cover all bases”, it is highly possible that a good percentage of that might never go back.

18. rod

rod retired and happy

:bsbullf:----------I doubt even 1% would be "permanent loss". These companies shuffle deliver companies around like they were your ex.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. CentralSup

CentralSup Member

Our center had our largest customer switch to Fedex about two weeks ago. They would send 4 trailers worth of outgoing packages to our local sort, now they only send us 25% of a trailer with all their 3rd party billing packages. Local Sort volume dropped by about 35-40% a day.

One of their reasons was they don't want their business to be interrupted by a strike and would be willing to come back and make a deal once the contract negotiations are over.

20. rod

rod retired and happy

Maybe I wrong but didn't FedEx make ship jumping companies sign long term contacts last time if they switched at the last minute because they were overwhelmed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List