Just like 97' all over again!

Maplewood

Our reps just got back from 3-4 days of national "Negotiations" in Florida. Most locals spent alot of money to send reps to be on hand for bargaining. The company was gracious enough to meet with us face to face for less than 15 min! And these upper management Retards can't figure out why we will no longer meet early. Maybe video conferencing next time? Why waste members money when the company CEO's can't get their heads out of their own :censored2:s. Orion could do a better job than this new generation of UPS management morons -Lol Everyone on the union side is now convinced UPS management wants do all the deliveries themselves this August. I can't wait.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wait and see what is offered... whatever it is we have the numbers to vote this whole contract down....I just wish they would have kept O’Brien on as head negotiator...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
we’ve been infiltrating illegal immigrants and chinese coolies into the country for years now

when the pre-arranged signal goes up, we’ll roll out our super-scabs, decker in ill fitting (but cheap) uniforms, driving automatics, with full ORION optimization and mapping, at $15/hr

Trump helped us organize the final steps in 2016, with the assistance of the Russian embassy

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

we’ve been infiltrating illegal immigrants and chinese coolies into the country for years now

when the pre-arranged signal goes up, we’ll roll out our super-scabs, decker in ill fitting (but cheap) uniforms, driving automatics, with full ORION optimization and mapping, at $15/hr

Trump helped us organize the final steps in 2016, with the assistance of the Russian embassy

Chinese coolies - nice!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Our reps just got back from 3-4 days of national "Negotiations" in Florida. Most locals spent alot of money to send reps to be on hand for bargaining. The company was gracious enough to meet with us face to face for less than 15 min! And these upper management Retards can't figure out why we will no longer meet early. Maybe video conferencing next time? Why waste members money when the company CEO's can't get their heads out of their own :censored2:s. Orion could do a better job than this new generation of UPS management morons -Lol Everyone on the union side is now convinced UPS management wants do all the deliveries themselves this August. I can't wait.
I’ll tell u what. When they take out a 400 plus piece disaster and leave it at the side of the road I will be laughing my ass off.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What local are you in???

bbsam

Staff member
While I don’t think there will be a strike and that it will actually get ratified early, I think you are wayyy over estimating fedex’s capacity/capabilities.
I think that’s a little short sighted.

There is no way that Fedex would come close to taking everything in the event of a strike.

However, if companies are switching to Fedex (even partially) to “cover all bases”, it is highly possible that a good percentage of that might never go back.

CentralSup

I think that’s a little short sighted.

There is no way that Fedex would come close to taking everything in the event of a strike.

However, if companies are switching to Fedex (even partially) to “cover all bases”, it is highly possible that a good percentage of that might never go back.

Our center had our largest customer switch to Fedex about two weeks ago. They would send 4 trailers worth of outgoing packages to our local sort, now they only send us 25% of a trailer with all their 3rd party billing packages. Local Sort volume dropped by about 35-40% a day.

One of their reasons was they don't want their business to be interrupted by a strike and would be willing to come back and make a deal once the contract negotiations are over.

rod

Retired 22 years
Our center had our largest customer switch to Fedex about two weeks ago. They would send 4 trailers worth of outgoing packages to our local sort, now they only send us 25% of a trailer with all their 3rd party billing packages. Local Sort volume dropped by about 35-40% a day.

One of their reasons was they don't want their business to be interrupted by a strike and would be willing to come back and make a deal once the contract negotiations are over.

Maybe I wrong but didn't FedEx make ship jumping companies sign long term contacts last time if they switched at the last minute because they were overwhelmed.