Just started new job after quitting! What should I do now?

SubPop79

After 5 years of loading, I just started a new job elsewhere and am no longer in the shipping / loading business! It has been a week so far and I am curious as to what I need to do to get every last penny owed to. Will I be automatically reimbursed my pension, healthcare, 401K and everything else if I have it, or will I need to push this issue with HR? Also, nobody told me to turn in my ID. I would like to keep it, but I'm worried that I might have money withheld because I haven't turned it in.

Anyone here who has quit - what steps should I take to receive everything I am owed?

Healthcare will be gone. If your 401k is less than $5000 they will liquidate it and send you a check. If it's over $5000 you can keep it there or roll it over into an IRA. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 years to be vested into the pension plan , you will be eligible to receive it at age 65

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
After 5 years of loading, I just started a new job elsewhere and am no longer in the shipping / loading business! It has been a week so far and I am curious as to what I need to do to get every last penny owed to. Will I be automatically reimbursed my pension, healthcare, 401K and everything else if I have it, or will I need to push this issue with HR? Also, nobody told me to turn in my ID. I would like to keep it, but I'm worried that I might have money withheld because I haven't turned it in.

Anyone here who has quit - what steps should I take to receive everything I am owed?
u shouldn't have quit. we are gonna keep everything.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What is a SubPop anyway? Is it a drink you have with a sandwich? Is it a new baby daddy after the first split ? Is it you second favorite soda?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

File a grievance. O wait, your no longer a Teamster. Never mind.

Mr. Marshall

Healthcare will be gone. If your 401k is less than $5000 they will liquidate it and send you a check. If it's over $5000 you can keep it there or roll it over into an IRA. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 years to be vested into the pension plan , you will be eligible to receive it at age 65
I was talking to someone about this who was quitting and they were just at 5 years and it got me thinking is it 5 years working for the company or 5 years with at least 750 hours or whatever a pt'er needs in the Central. Because if it's 750 hours for 5 years there is a chance that they are not vested yet.

I was talking to someone about this who was quitting and they were just at 5 years and it got me thinking is it 5 years working for the company or 5 years with at least 750 hours or whatever a pt'er needs in the Central. Because if it's 750 hours for 5 years there is a chance that they are not vested yet.
Exactly. I'm just giving a blanket answer without knowing all of the variables.
People need to check into this first, before they quit.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm guessing by the time this kid is 65 there won't even be a 5 year pension available---------------------or a 25 or 30 year pensionas far as that goes.