Just to be clear

Purplepackage

Next weekend when express will run Sunday, if you are DOT you can only work saturday or Sunday correct? I'm noticing on our sign up sheet a lot friend dot guys signing but saturday is mandatory

Yozh69

If they are driving a vehicle which has a GVW of > 10,000lbs, then they can only drive 70 hours every 8 days, regardless if that day is a Sat or Sun. After 70 hours they need a 34-hr "reset" to gain a new 70 hours. They can also only drive 11 hours a day.

Of course I'm not an expert on this :)

SmithBarney

We were told Sunday is the start of a new week, and hours cycle...doesn't matter plenty of fine church going folk here, nobody is coming in.

dex 84

If you work both you won't get your 34 hour reset. Doesn't matter what vehicle you happen to be driving, it's whether you're DOT or not.

Also, the 34 hours can't just be any 34 hours. They have to fall during a certain time window. I forget what exactly the window is but if you start early you should check the rule to make sure you're not breaking it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If they are driving a vehicle which has a GVW of > 10,000lbs, then they can only drive 70 hours every 8 days, regardless if that day is a Sat or Sun. After 70 hours they need a 34-hr "reset" to gain a new 70 hours. They can also only drive 11 hours a day.

Of course I'm not an expert on this :)
Obviously not because the 11 hour rule is going to effect feeder drivers only.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Still doesn't mean they're not subject to it. How about the 14 hour rule?
It just confuses people. Why do that when it's not anything they will ever have to worry about?

If you're DOT you are subject to the 14 hour rule. Many express drivers are not DOT.

Yozh69

I don't think it matters if your driving a go kart. If your DOT. No more then 70 hours per 8 days regardless.

If you're DOT the DOT doesn't care if you're driving a go-cart if the go-cart weighs less than 10K lbs. Now, if you drive your go-cart then switch to something heavier, all of a sudden your go-cart hours matter for those previous days. But if you drive just go-carts - have at it.

Yozh69

It just confuses people. Why do that when it's not anything they will ever have to worry about?

If you're DOT you are subject to the 14 hour rule. Many express drivers are not DOT.

But the OP asked a question about DOT drivers so it's relevant here. Though most will never see more than 14hrs a day for sure.

Purple no more

Mando Sunday last year is one of the reasons why I retired. I felt that the Company was not respecting my personal beliefs. And to set the record straight, DOT can not operate more than 14 hours in a day, or 70 in a 8 day period. That is one reason that the Company re designated anyone operating a vehicle under 10,000 lbs NON DOT so they can skirt the law. Just wait until some overworked sod has a major accident.

dezguy

Really glad I live in a Province that states the company has to respect my religious beliefs. Want to force me to work Saturday? Not ideal but I'll deal with it. No way you're making me work Sunday.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We were told Sunday is the start of a new week, and hours cycle...doesn't matter plenty of fine church going folk here, nobody is coming in.

It was anticipated that a bunch of people in this area would suddenly get religion for a day. Ain't looking good for them.