Just wanted to share this with you guys

Hanz90

This just popped in my head of what happened to me last month. So it was a Saturday and they didn’t assign me to a route. Sup gave me a board and told me to pull stops from 2 drivers taking 30 stops each plus do their pickups. I said no problem. I’m driving to my next stop and all of the sudden some young cat cuts me off and makes a right turn. At this point I’m driving behind her keeping at least 2 car lengths. She’s swerving and driving recklessly. Mind you the street we were on was very narrow. Right away I could tell she was extremely intoxicated. She swerves again and winds up side swiping multiple vehicles before making a right somewhere and taking off. I took the tag number, make and model of the vehicle. I pulled over and called the police to report a hit and run. I called my sup to let him know just Incase someone reports a ups driver being involved. He yells at me saying “we have a job to do and we can’t play good semaritan, don’t ever do that again, who cares if cars were hit.” Mind you I was on my lunch at this point of this phone call with my sup. Listen I know we all have a job to do and all and ups is always busy, but if that was my sups car that got hit, I’m sure he’d wanna know who hit him. And that goes for everyone. I was just trying to do the right thing.

clean hairy

It only matters if they get good PR out of it.
Had she hit another car and you got the other person out just before it burst into flames, no one would have said a word.
You would have been all over the news.
"UPS driver saves a motorist life!"
They get their name on television and pay nothing for it.
That is what they love!

Knothead

Yep.
um-ok-meme-41547.jpg

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
This just popped in my head of what happened to me last month. So it was a Saturday and they didn’t assign me to a route. Sup gave me a board and told me to pull stops from 2 drivers taking 30 stops each plus do their pickups. I said no problem. I’m driving to my next stop and all of the sudden some young cat cuts me off and makes a right turn. At this point I’m driving behind her keeping at least 2 car lengths. She’s swerving and driving recklessly. Mind you the street we were on was very narrow. Right away I could tell she was extremely intoxicated. She swerves again and winds up side swiping multiple vehicles before making a right somewhere and taking off. I took the tag number, make and model of the vehicle. I pulled over and called the police to report a hit and run. I called my sup to let him know just Incase someone reports a ups driver being involved. He yells at me saying “we have a job to do and we can’t play good semaritan, don’t ever do that again, who cares if cars were hit.” Mind you I was on my lunch at this point of this phone call with my sup. Listen I know we all have a job to do and all and ups is always busy, but if that was my sups car that got hit, I’m sure he’d wanna know who hit him. And that goes for everyone. I was just trying to do the right thing.
No supervisor is going to yell at you for informing them you prevented a potential accident, especially on your lunch.

You sure you didn't call the boss and say you took lunch in another state or city 10-miles away and he/she was upset of why you'd be so far off area?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
fake news lmao

rod

Retired 22 years
Google "heartless bastards" and UPS will pop up. P.S.---was she good looking? Maybe you could have made some kind of deal with her--wink-wink.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
No supervisor is going to yell at you for informing them you prevented a potential accident, especially on your lunch.

You sure you didn't call the boss and say you took lunch in another state or city 10-miles away and he/she was upset of why you'd be so far off area?
hi david

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BS

IESucks

Always amazes me ups is voted one of the most respected companies when they treat drivers so bad.