Kauai Center

Theichii

Hey all, going to HI in a week and being the nerd that I am (as the wife calls me) I wanted to visit the center in Kauai. Anyone know where it is?

rod

Retired 22 years
You are going to fly half way across the Pacific to a beautiful tropical island and you want to visit a UPS center? You need your head examined :happy2:

satellitedriver

Makes sense to me.
The drivers will know all the cool spots to visit and those to avoid.
No one knows an area better than the local UPS driver.
Aloha oe.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you want to find the Center, just look for a Package Car about 8PM and follow it back to the building. If you have your ID, you can probably go in and talk to the guys and check it out. If its anything like my Center, all the management team will be home finishing their dinner with their families by then.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hope you don't expect much-------------------unless you are really into brown trucks and cardboard

klein

Für Meno :)
I hope you don't expect much-------------------unless you are really into brown trucks and cardboard

Or he can get a window seat on the plane, once he lands, watch the luggage workers unload the luggage, and then watch your suitcase come on the converyor belt.
Thats pretty darn close to a UPS facility.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
If I'm not mistaken, I think there is only one main road that goes around the island like a loop. Last time I visited was about 15 years ago. Kauai has the most beautiful flora and scenery of all the islands. No wonder couples from all over the world go there to get married.

p228

kauai center

3651 Ahukini Road
HI 96766

upsers.com has a list of all the buildings. Click on our company and pick the region at the bottom.

Hawaii50

If you want to find the Center, just look for a Package Car about 8PM and follow it back to the building. If you have your ID, you can probably go in and talk to the guys and check it out. If its anything like my Center, all the management team will be home finishing their dinner with their families by then.

They're is only 5 cars on that island. The odds of you seeing one
while you're there are slim. The center is a old wooden building. It's around the Lihu'e airport, not the Princeville airport

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Hey all, going to HI in a week and being the nerd that I am (as the wife calls me) I wanted to visit the center in Kauai. Anyone know where it is?

Enjoy the trip, I went to Maui, Kauai, and Oahu for two weeks and can't wait to go back. I saw several drivers on Oahu (all tatted up) but didn't see any in Maui or Kauai.

yeldarb

I talked to a couple drivers in Maui. They had never heard of PAS or telematics. They did not need to get their picked up air back to the building for the plane. Their only 1030 commits were island to island.

bigbrownhen

The overall attitude in Hawaii is very laid back. Most of the locals have tats. Tribal stuff if I remember. We lived on Oahu 20+ years ago, and I remember the local guys had tribal tats long before it was a fashion thing. I would imagine that UPS there would be somewhat more relaxed, as much as they are allowed to get away with anyway.