Keep your doors locked at Cach!

HollandMan73

Just a heads up to anybody that works out of cach....I went to my car this morning after I punched out and somebody had competely gone through all the stuff in my car. They left everything all over the floor and seats. Its a beater car with no valuables in it so they didn't get anything but if you do have nice stuff in your car---lock up! Also---should I even mention this to LP? Do they have cameras on the parking lot?

PT Car Washer

We have an LP guy that looks in employees cars during the sort. Don't think he opens the doors but does snoop. Maybe he is looking for employees living in their cars on company property.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have an LP guy that looks in employees cars during the sort. Don't think he opens the doors but does snoop. Maybe he is looking for employees living in their cars on company property.
Looks inside their cars?? What business is it of UPS what you have inside your vehicle...as long as it's not stolen packages?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a surge of break ins at the hub where I worked. They would break out your window to steal a handful of pocket change out of your console. More times than not, it ended up being p/t employees. If they paid p/t'ers more money, they wouldn't have to supplement their income. I drove out in my tractor one night and saw a guy going car to car. I called in, but nobody even cared enough to send security or lp out. It was hard enough to get the guards out of their a/c to cut a seal, let alone actually walk out into the parking lot. lol

HollandMan73

It's Chicago, why weren't your doors locked anyways.

Good question! Like I said...it's a beater car with nothing valuable inside. With cars like that I just leave them unlocked so the thief doesn't break the window(had that happen already). I was just surprised it happened with all the security cars on the lot(maybe it was LP!)lol

Box Ox

I'd leave mousetraps in my car if this were a problem at my location. If you're the idiot that feels it's fine to go into my car and gets caught, joke's on you.

UPSClerkGirl

The nice part about being in a small center. I can see my car at all times and all the people I work with would bust someone's skull if they caught someone breaking into a car.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The nice part about being in a small center. I can see my car at all times and all the people I work with would bust someone's skull if they caught someone breaking into a car.

Yep. I never locked my car while I was at work. Of course, I never left anything in it I didn't want to lose.

UPSClerkGirl

Yep. I never locked my car while I was at work. Of course, I never left anything in it I didn't want to lose.
I do it out of habit. People around here are more trustworthy than where I grew up. But I trust my fellow sorters. We're like one big happy yet dysfunctional family.

DOK

Is it possible someone snuck into the parking lot and did this, not a fellow employee? Our parking lot has no fence.

rod

Retired 22 years

At the races awhile back I sent a friends kid (yes he was old enough) back to my truck to grab us a few more beers. After a hour or so we were leaving and I noticed from a distance that my tailgate was open and a tool box and cooler of beer were just sitting there--he had forgot to slam the tailgate. Nothing was missing---you have to love a small town.

Dr.Brownz

At the races awhile back I sent a friends kid (yes he was old enough) back to my truck to grab us a few more beers. After a hour or so we were leaving and I noticed from a distance that my tailgate was open and a tool box and cooler of beer were just sitting there--he had forgot to slam the tailgate. Nothing was missing---you have to love a small town.

Not sure I follow gov....what happened?