Kellogg's

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s horrible how UPS and these big companies have treated us during this time! Replacing us like cattle! SHAME ON YOU UPS AND KELLOGGS! YOUR CEREAL SUCKS!
🧔✊

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Kellogg said it would now move forward with plans to start hiring permanent replacements for the striking workers.

So...? Permanent scabs?
Yep. Kellogg has zero interest in negotiating with them in good faith. They will simply starve them out until they cave. Scabs should be ashamed of themselves everyday they roll past those on the picket line to go to work.

PT Car Washer

Oh no, not my Frosted Mini Wheats.

Whither

Scofflaw
Gambled and lost.

How long before the picket line disappears?
Why so quick to declare defeat? We'll see if Kellogg's can actually hire replacements.

Whatever the result is, sounds like they already had nothing left to lose ...
Screenshot_20211208-215946_Chrome.jpg

CentralSup

No clue, I don't work there. It may be possible to clean the machines "on the fly," or with only a brief interruption.
They likely use a CIP (Clean In Process) procedure once or twice a day. The process starts as product moves from one machine to the next, cleaning solution enters the lines behind it and is stopped by valves or other means to prevent it mixing with the product. Then there is a flush, and afterwards product returns to the lines/machines at normal production. Think of it like a bubble moving through a segmented water hose.

We did this at a beef plant I worked for before UPS.