Kelly Thomas

More, caring for a person suffering from paranoid schizophrenia isn't an easy task. Sometimes the "patient" feels so threatened by the very people that love them the most, that unless they can be institutionalized no one can handle them. There is no reasoning with the person because of their deep fears.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hope you let this thread go while you look semi-dumb. If you are going to say that the police in this case were challenged by Kelly Thomas then you are devoid of rational thought. The DA's office made it clear, the officers intended to serious harm this man. Whether or not he is homeless or retarded or a drug addict, he is still an american with CIVIL RIGHTS.

All the other stuff you are saying plays no part in CIVIL RIGHTS.

The only person in this case who had a right to defend himself was KELLY THOMAS.

As the DA said, once officer Ramos placed the latex gloves on his hands and he bent over while kelly thomas was on the ground and told him that he was "going to friend you up", that changed the circumstances and placed kelly thomas in a position to DEFEND HIMSELF.

We are all protected by law and by our civil rights moreluck. You defend a couple of rogue cops as if their actions were ok by your standards. You need to expand your horizons and understand that homeless people are still people. Living, breathing human beings and while we may not like the circumstances that they live their lives, we still have to stand up for them.

Kelly Thomas is dead. He did not deserve to die whether or not he took his meds. If you cant stand up for justice in his death, then you can sit and be quiet.

Peace
I think I read where he was either breaking into or vandalizing cars..............either one is breaking the law. Now I'm semi- dumb! I was full out stupid before. And I don't understand anything much less English. We disagree.....Let it be yourself!!!

You are not protected when you break the law......resist arrest, etc. Ever watch an episode of Cops? They deal with the *******s all the time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think I read where he was either breaking into or vandalizing cars..............either one is breaking the law. Now I'm semi- dumb! I was full out stupid before. And I don't understand anything much less English. We disagree.....Let it be yourself!!!

The breaking into cares was a part of the "COVER UP" moreluck. There was no proof Kelly Thomas was doing anything other than being on the street and being wierd. Still no reason to beat him to death.

peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos, let's start with the first recorded call about the person breaking into cars.
What was the description of the alleged thief ?
You must have heard it, it would be part of the public record, or didn't the D.A. release it and all the following calls.
So without exactly having proof of what the on scene officers observed and reported back, you have determined that all the fault lies with the officers .
Nice call, by the way were you on the Rodney King jury, too ?

wkmac

tos, let's start with the first recorded call about the person breaking into cars.
What was the description of the alleged thief ?
You must have heard it, it would be part of the public record, or didn't the D.A. release it and all the following calls.
So without exactly having proof of what the on scene officers observed and reported back, you have determined that all the fault lies with the officers .
Nice call, by the way were you on the Rodney King jury, too ?

It's also been revealed that local businesses were tired of homeless people being in the area so after talking with police, they were told if calls to 911 were about homeless loitering, the response would be low on the list if at all. However, if a call was made about say possible car break ins, a more immediate response would take place. After the Kelly Thomas incident, no cars were found broken into, no items missing nor damaged.

A local bar however had problems earlier with Thomas alleged to have been "glaring" at customers from the street. There are suspicions that the "car break-in call" which appears false to have come from this bar.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/08/slidebar_kelly_thomas_call_police.php

I guess the question now, is glaring a capital offense in America? Is breaking into cars a capital offense?

Kelly Thomas and the Power of New Media

It's of such power that police powers and other state actors are making attempts to make it unlawful to video law enforcement or any state agent in the performance of their duty an illegal act.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thank you , wkmac.
For explaining about that incident's background.
If I had to wait until tos to do the same , my great grand kids would be older than I am now.