Kentucky Derby

Channahon

My favorite sporting event. Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, I stop and watch the race.

What an incredible race and job done by Calvin Borel and Street Sense.

Maybe Jarret can learn from this!!!

over9five

Staff member
I watched it too. But I gotta disagree that "its the most exciting 2 minutes of all sports".

I'm thinkin' a 300 like Nascar.....

....complete with pits.....

....watch how fast the pit crew changes horse shoes....

....horses covered with sponsor stickers....

......awesome crashes....

.....redneck jockies....

moreluck

golden ticket member
The one actual horse race I saw LIVE was at Del Mar Race Track a few years ago. I bet on a horse that had "hoffa" in his name.

The gate opened, all the horses took off and there's my horse laying on the ground. I read in the paper the next day that he had to be put down because he broke his leg. Too bad for the animal, but we laugh about this all the time. We had other friends there with us and it's a standing joke.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I was growing up my Mom would love the Derby and the other jewels of the Triple Crown. I remember cheering with her when Secretariat won the Triple Crown. Saturday I will take a moment and watch the race and thinknof her.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont know anything about horses and I dont really care which one wins the race, I just get a kick out of seeing all the goofy hats that the women wear to the track.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was growing up my Mom would love the Derby and the other jewels of the Triple Crown. I remember cheering with her when Secretariat won the Triple Crown. Saturday I will take a moment and watch the race and thinknof her.

Do yourself a favor and rent the movie "Secretariat" before you watch the race.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Already saw the movie. Really enjoyed it. He was a magnificent horse and it was a joy to see him run. Horses like him come once a generation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Already saw the movie. Really enjoyed it. He was a magnificent horse and it was a joy to see him run. Horses like him come once a generation.

Secretariat was first time I really paid attention to Triple Crown. It had been many years since another horse had done it and Secretariat single handedly revitalized interest in horse racing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
f2e16f72e2a3a044527171a8a3fe07fd.jpg

Kentucky Derby Hats for Women |

texan

Watching the Derby 16:14 PM.

What a tradition and a California Horse is favored.

California Chrome

Here we go! The hats, the tradition! Again the hats!

America! This is our culture that others cannot understand!