Keyless entry

bumped

no more bent keys. Just wait until the battery dies on the FOB. Its hard adjusting back to the "stone" ages. The naked feeling of not having your keys on your finger will last only a few days.

yeldarb

We have a spare box with a spare fob in our package car. It is bound to happen though. They should have a spare battery in the car somewhere also.

bumped

The spare box should contain a spare set of keys not a spare FOB. What happens when the control box would fail? A FOB is useless then.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Mommy!!!! Why can't I have one?!?! My truck doesn't have one!!!!
Seriously, though, when are all trucks getting these, or are they in certain areas?

bumped

How do you get into the box with the spare fob/keys? Another fob? Surely it is not secured!

Ours is just like a ket lock box would be with the push button code. We have to call into the dispatch to say we lost our FOB and they will tell us the code(different for each truck) to get into the lock box.

yeldarb

Now your stop count can go up!

um, Shouldnt it go up if technology makes you faster? It is a business... The whole Fob thing makes it as quick to get to the cargo area as if your driving with the bulkhead door open, and the truck is already running before I get the seatbelt on. For the convenience of not fumbling with keys, I am willing to take more stops. I think they said two stops per car.

JustTired

free at last.......
Ours is just like a ket lock box would be with the push button code. We have to call into the dispatch to say we lost our FOB and they will tell us the code(different for each truck) to get into the lock box.

OK! Somebody actually had a thought past adding stops. Will miracles never cease!

yeldarb

That is how ours is also, bumped. We need to call center, and our box has a Fob and a spare set of keys. I think in the future, if you need to use keys, the day will be horrible, since the fob makes it that more convenient. It is nice not having to hold anything except a diad and fumbling for keys.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What part of the country are you guys in? I'm sure this is like PASS and they will be phasing it in one area at a time. So I'm just curious if its going from East to West or if they are just implementing it randomly. I too would love one, anything to make the job easier. I will gladly take on two more stops in exchange for this technology.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What part of the country are you guys in? I'm sure this is like PASS and they will be phasing it in one area at a time. So I'm just curious if its going from East to West or if they are just implementing it randomly. I too would love one, anything to make the job easier. I will gladly take on two more stops in exchange for this technology.
2 stops huh,, that will never happen, you forgetting the fuzzy logic used to devise time studies?? More like 20 stops