Khombu boots at Costco, $23.99

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
For those helpers/drivers looking for some decent boots that are better than Walmart and you don't have to spend over a day's pay on
Costco Wholesale

Bought a pair myself, so far they feel pretty nice. I'm usually a New Balance guy but wanted some waterproof boots for the rainy days. These run slightly small if you wear thick socks, might want to go up a size, no half sizes. Picked them up in my local Cumming Costco

bbsam

Staff member
For those helpers/drivers looking for some decent boots that are better than Walmart and you don't have to spend over a day's pay on
Costco Wholesale

Bought a pair myself, so far they feel pretty nice. I'm usually a New Balance guy but wanted some waterproof boots for the rainy days. These run slightly small if you wear thick socks, might want to go up a size, no half sizes. Picked them up in my local Cumming Costco
I thought the Wolverines at Walmart were always pretty nice.

bbsam

Staff member
Are Wolverines anything like Cougars?
Preview.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Costco Wholesale

I bet those boots are made by the same folks who make Timberland, just a little more generic version.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yep some trash made in China. I know helpers can't afford it but only USA union made for this driver.
I only wear Danner boots. Their premium line is made in Portland Oregon. Unfortunately they now have an imported line, made in China, with s lower price and a corresponding drop in quality. You get what you pay for and since I make a living on my feet I choose to pay for the best.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I only wear Danner boots. Their premium line is made in Portland Oregon. Unfortunately they now have an imported line, made in China, with s lower price and a corresponding drop in quality. You get what you pay for and since I make a living on my feet I choose to pay for the best.
Used to be only red wing for me. Then they moved a lot of stuff overseas and you really gotta look to see what's make where.

Now it's thorogood only for me. They are union made in the USA. Although they've sent a little bit of their manufacturing overseas a now too

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And if you look at the reviews on their Chinese made stuff it is terrible... Horrible reviews and people aren't happy...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Costco boots that Jackburton posted look exactly like Academy Sport's Magellen store brand. I like them because they are cheap at $49 and waterproof, but the soles don't hold up well for everyday use.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
have had mine for a couple months. very comfortable. the only complaint is they don't breathe as well as more expensive boots. but for 25 bucks if they give me a couple years , that's OK.