KING OF ENGLAND as Supervisor.

ups1990

Some supervisors, act like the King of England, when it comes to managing. They feel they must micro-manage your entire day.Why does it show no activity for 5 minutes on the report? they ask. Well maybe I was going through the load looking for missloas or maybe, since it has been a hot summer, I was drinking water. This is not the 14th century, my thought was were done with this in America.

Some supervisors, act like the King of England, when it comes to managing. They feel they must micro-manage your entire day.Why does it show no activity for 5 minutes on the report? they ask. Well maybe I was going through the load looking for missloas or maybe, since it has been a hot summer, I was drinking water. This is not the 14th century, my thought was were done with this in America.
Long live the King....
Sorry, but the micro-managing is not only live and well but is growing in strength everyday. Read Sober's latest thread on Telematics.

nhguy

UPS1990
Your supervisors asking you because someone higher up is asking him!!!

"Remember the big fish always eats the little ones"

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about kings as supervisors. But we do (really!) have one named Elvis in my Center. He drives a Mustang instead of a Cadillac. We also have one whose actual name is Maverick.

I don't know about kings as supervisors. But we do (really!) have one named Elvis in my Center. He drives a Mustang instead of a Cadillac. We also have one whose actual name is Maverick.
His parents must have watched Top Gun too many times and felt the "need for speed".

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is an easy way to deal with the micromanaging supervisor.

All you have to do is stop thinking and do your job like a brainless drone. Quit using common sense. Whenever there is any sort of a judgement call to me made....instead of making it yourself, use the phone and let your supervisor make the decision. Force him to expend so much time, energy and effort on micromanaging every last detail that he will become overwhelmed with it.

It can be done. Its also kind of fun to watch.

M

Mike23

There is an easy way to deal with the micromanaging supervisor.

All you have to do is stop thinking and do your job like a brainless drone. Quit using common sense. Whenever there is any sort of a judgement call to me made....instead of making it yourself, use the phone and let your supervisor make the decision. Force him to expend so much time, energy and effort on micromanaging every last detail that he will become overwhelmed with it.

It can be done. Its also kind of fun to watch.

I LOVE doing this! Our building is kind of messed up (new building soon!) where customers will corner drivers at the turn in counter and DEMAND where their package is.

Well, the easiest thing to do with an angry customer, tell'em you'll go WAY up the ladder for them and get a sup...Hey, Mr/Mrs Sup, I have an angry customer here...'Well, you handle it driver' 'No, I don't know how to handle it, UPS didn't train me in disgruntled customers' then finish punching out :D