Knee injury brewing

BurntSienna

My right knee is starting to act up. I know it’s probably from getting on and off the truck 200 times a day. I’m very good about using the handrail but I’ll admit there are times when I forget or I don’t grab it firmly enough. Really want to avoid this turning into something serious. Any tips or advice (other than find a new job) would be appreciated.

My right knee is starting to act up. I know it’s probably from getting on and off the truck 200 times a day. I’m very good about using the handrail but I’ll admit there are times when I forget or I don’t grab it firmly enough. Really want to avoid this turning into something serious. Any tips or advice (other than find a new job) would be appreciated.
Light weight comfortable shoes with good insoles, knee brace, Advil and most importantly leave the package on the cab don't exit the vehicle with it in your hand.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Start using other leg to get in/out, feels strange at first but becomes second nature. Also, I turn around & step out backwards a lot, while grabbing handrail. It seems less jarring & pounding to knees & ankles .

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Try & be as lean & light as possible while maintaining your strength. Being overweight is a huge part of joint deterioration.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Light weight comfortable shoes with good insoles, knee brace, Advil and most importantly leave the package on the cab don't exit the vehicle with it in your hand.

And UPS still tries to BS people;

That stepping down off the PKG car (facing forward) somehow....

is using 3 points of contact. Can't pass a CDL test, doing that.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
AF878BC6-F5E2-4F32-9162-580A4C57EAFD.jpeg
These babies saved my butt during my first peak a couple years ago. Keeps your knees from extending out or in. They are a god send. The first day I start to fee a little knee soreness I put these on and rock them for the whole rest of the week. Takes a while to get used to them but they have been like a magic cure for me

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
View attachment 283183
These babies saved my butt during my first peak a couple years ago. Keeps your knees from extending out or in. They are a god send. The first day I start to fee a little knee soreness I put these on and rock them for the whole rest of the week. Takes a while to get used to them but they have been like a magic cure for me
Also, get yourself some sort of regiment for your days off, even if I stay lazy around the house all day I take a good 1/2 hour hour to stretch my whole body out or swim at the gym down the road or whatever. Something to keep your body awake and limber

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Also, get yourself some sort of regiment for your days off, even if I stay lazy around the house all day I take a good 1/2 hour hour to stretch my whole body out or swim at the gym down the road or whatever. Something to keep your body awake and limber

Really.... ?

Vaping in between stops, is not a long term solution ?

The Milkman

For what it's worth you are a lot better off today than when I drove the old P-600's and P-800's in Jersey back in the 80's. The step was like up to your knees in them old cars. At least now the Pkg cars are designed with lower steps. Not to mention automatics, I don't know how but my knees are still in good shape
truck.JPG