Labor Shortage

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Hey you guys want a bigger paycheck?!
YOU WANT $22 an HOUR?!
WELL GUESS WHAT?
YOU WILL PAY MORE FOR GAS , GROCERIES, ALCOHOL , AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE OF IT

✊🧔
EVERYONE HAS BEEN WARNED

542thruNthru

What is your opinion on what the starting hourly rate for a part timer will be in the 2023 contract?

I expect it to be over twenty, and a 401k match in lieu of pension benefits.
Teamsters will NEVER agree to that especially in the west where PT is part of our pension.

If they pay $20 and hour then technically UPS will be paying new PTers over $31 an hour out here and that does not including benefits contributions.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
What is your opinion on what the starting hourly rate for a part timer will be in the 2023 contract?

Hell at the rate of inflation twenty bucks in 2 years will be less than 15 today

YOU WANT $22 an HOUR?!
WELL GUESS WHAT?
YOU WILL PAY MORE FOR GAS , GROCERIES, ALCOHOL , AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE OF IT

✊🧔
EVERYONE HAS BEEN WARNED
That's what I never understand. Raising minimum wage doesn't help poor people. Things will just cost more, and then it creates wage compression within the labor force. Basically, Raising minimum wage only hurts the middle class, it doesn't help anyone.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

That should be a regional, or even better, a local negotiation. Some areas need to pay more to attract any employees, others not so much.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It's beyond time for ups to get competitive with wages. We can't expect to hire and keep people for what amounts to fast food wages. Here in my little slice of ups they're paying $18 an hour and we can't keep anyone around. Crappy culture, untrained, unprofessional and unqualified supes are the main reason. Doesn't matter what the $ is, people will only put up with so much for so long.
If you are going to treat somebody like crap, you had better pay them well. Ups will catch on eventually.

542thruNthru

friend* California
✊🧔
EdBeJNrWAAE20ff-2.jpg

takesteady

YOU WANT $22 an HOUR?!
WELL GUESS WHAT?

✊🧔
EVERYONE HAS BEEN WARNED
True. We need to lower the RPCD top rate in order to stem inflation. Take one for the team champ. ✊🤡

nWo

That's what I never understand. Raising minimum wage doesn't help poor people. Things will just cost more, and then it creates wage compression within the labor force. Basically, Raising minimum wage only hurts the middle class, it doesn't help anyone.

Hey..let's just lower your wage since you're so concerned about someone else making more.