laid off need help

rorojo

6 tcd's working in a hub with 4 centers have been laid of since FEb. and they were being told by sups and HR that other centers had also laid off tcd's. Well come to find out our center is the only one with laid of drivers. Can these guy bump junior drivers in other centers. we have asked our stewarts and have been told we can't but that just does not fair.

LED

I think only full-time drivers can bump junior drivers in multiple centers within a building. But you can always file a grievance and see what happens.

In my area temporary cover drivers are part-time. If you are working hub or preload then you are getting your part-time hours.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
You may be able to bump into another center. In the central region supplement article 3 section 5 states that:

In the event of a layoff of a full time employee, he/she shall have the right to displace the least senior full time employee in any classification, for which they were previously qualified, to remain in his/her center

When an employee is laid off for one week or more, he/she may, on the following monday, exercise his/her Company-wide seniority to displace the employee having the least seniority in any other center within the jurisdiction of the local union, provided he/she is qualified to perform the job of such junior employee.

You should check your local agreement to see if you have any such language!!

rorojo

still waiting on results of grievance asking for clariaty on language used in contract. we were told that we can bump, however two days later union and managemet said we can't because southern regions supplement pg 198 sect. 7 -friend say Once a partime employee qualifies as a coverage driver they will be assigned to a specific center for work oppertunities. in a multi center building if there is more than one opening for tcd it will be awarded in senority order.
they are saying it is cleary writtin but I dont see it. it does not say we cant bump and in the mean time I am going broke and about to run out of unempoyment benifits and some one with less senority than me gets to work every day

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I do not see where that says you must stay in the center your assigned to, I think you should have a case here, do not allow your BA to settle this. Make him win it or deadlock it to the next panel, unfortunately for you a deadlock will mean more waiting, but it will pay off in the long run for future employees in the same boat!!

Good Luck!!

rorojo

well lost panel language in southern contract to weak, Now HR is trying to trian new TCD'S despite have six laid off since Feb. 09. Getting so tired of the games. Filed a another grievance to prevent new drivers from getting assigned to centers before us.

Red Dawn

at dfw tcd's got bumped by laid off combo workers. Tcd displaced part timer drivers in the eam and oca centers. Are they not even letting you displace jr. part time employees?

rorojo

no filed a grievance in order to try to bump jr. tcds in other centers but lost in panel

Last edited:

rorojo

at dfw tcd's got bumped by laid off combo workers. Tcd displaced part timer drivers in the eam and oca centers. Are they not even letting you displace jr. part time employees?

are laid of TCD's in the dfw area being allowed bumping jr TCD's in other centers

Red Dawn

we only have one package center in our building. Once was two, think they made it into one just to cut management. The Tcd s did bump into another center, part time driving eam (early a.m. deliveries that have to be off by 8 & 8:30am) and oca (evening pick ups 5-9pm).They are different centers with in same building.

The ones that took eam get back in time to go back out with work off drivers.