Land of make believe policies

I love when management in our station makes up their own policies. ..

No shorts after Thanksgiving

Hahahaha. I guess no pants after the 4th of July then either ????

I also l Iike the other one, call the weather line in the morning....

Hahahahaha, no that's actually illegal, I will be punching in at my scheduled time and you can find me cleaning my truck with my imaginary cleaning products you supply.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love when management in our station makes up their own policies. ..

No shorts after Thanksgiving

Hahahaha. I guess no pants after the 4th of July then either ????

I also l Iike the other one, call the weather line in the morning....

Hahahahaha, no that's actually illegal, I will be punching in at my scheduled time and you can find me cleaning my truck with my imaginary cleaning products you supply.

Always on their terms, and pulled straight out of their ass. You might want to call your state labor board about the recorder...definitely illegal.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Always on their terms, and pulled straight out of their ass. You might want to call your state labor board about the recorder...definitely illegal.

Yeah, I think the only places they are still getting away with this one is where employees either don't have Internet access or can't speak/read English.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
On the subject of shorts, while I certainly don't believe it's management's position to mandate when they can and cannot be worn, I have really never quite "got" those who are running around out there in 19 degrees and sleet with their shorts on. They can't convince me they're really more comfortable. Do they just think the world will stop turning if it can't get its daily glimpse of their spindly, goose-bumped legs? And why is it almost always the couriers who should really never ever wear shorts - even in the middle of August - who are most guilty of this?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
It's got to be super cold for me to wear shorts.
I can't stand wearing long pants in this line of work.
Don't worry, my calves are about the size of most dude's thighs.

DontThrowPackages

On the subject of shorts, while I certainly don't believe it's management's position to mandate when they can and cannot be worn, I have really never quite "got" those who are running around out there in 19 degrees and sleet with their shorts on. They can't convince me they're really more comfortable. Do they just think the world will stop turning if it can't get its daily glimpse of their spindly, goose-bumped legs? And why is it almost always the couriers who should really never ever wear shorts - even in the middle of August - who are most guilty of this?
Those who always ask why wear shorts in cold weather are the same that wear shorts, in the same climate, on their weekend jog or bike rides. No one questions a guy on the treadmill, "Hey why you wearing shorts and not long slacks?"
If I were standing on a street corner, in shorts, I'd freeze my arse off. But with all the lifting, pulling the dolly in and out, going up steep hills and stopping only to drive to the next stop, I prefer shorts. However, rainstorm, shorts stay home.

fedupforsure

the real problem here is that FedEx has adopted the govt thinking that they are our mommies or daddy and that we are too stupid to make our own decisions so they must make them for us. tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine:drinkntypesmili1:

!Retired!

As long as it's the shorts provided by FedEx, nobody can tell you not to wear them. I wear my long pants for most of the year. There are days I'll wear my shorts, but it's just how I 'feel' that day.