Larry Bird dropped 60 pts. 3/12/85

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
with seconds left in game and Lakers leading the Celtics by 2 Larry TOLD the Lakers what he was going to do and then did exactly that by hitting a 3 pointer from the corner.

He TOLD them what he was going to do and dared then to stop him and they couldn't.
You are around my age I suppose. Bird was a LEGENDARY trash talker.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You are around my age I suppose. Bird was a LEGENDARY trash talker.
I grew up with the Russell Celtics. Used to bring my transistor radio to school with ear plug to listen to games.

saw the 30 for 30 repeat special about the Celtics-lakers rivalry during the 80's the other day which was a real treat.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Bird was the much more complete player; that being said, Lebron would destroy him.
Don'y confuse physical specimen with basketball smarts. Bird would abuse LeBron. Unfortunately it's all hypothetical. Sure Bird ain't got free reign to the hole but he didn't need it. LeBron is choke in the clutch. Sure he's made a few just not on Larry Legend's level.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Don'y confuse physical specimen with basketball smarts. Bird would abuse LeBron. Unfortunately it's all hypothetical. Sure Bird ain't got free reign to the hole but he didn't need it. LeBron is choke in the clutch. Sure he's made a few just not on Larry Legend's level.
There is an excellent video on you tube of Bird "schooling" Jordan.

He would do the same to James. There are at least 10 player ( or more ) that are better than James. Jerry West , Havlicek , Maravich , Cousey , Baylor , just off of the top of my head. There are others I would rather have than James.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
As Pat Riley once said if the games on the line I want Jordan taking the last shot ,, if my life was on the line ,, Larry Birds taking that shot !!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
F204753B-942D-4F9E-BC03-02970101711B.png