Last box always the biggest

OrionsBitch

Not...
Nothing more frustrating than stepping over (or on) a massive 150lb box all day only to deliver is as one of your last stops. It's always the last stop! So I started keeping track for one month. On 21 of 30 days my biggest box was loaded on my 8k shelf and on 2 other days it was loaded as a 7k number. Clearly there is a trend. Why the hell do they do this? I mean part of their bull:censored2: methods is having a clear walk path (yeah right lol). It's like they day "well this route only has so much volume, let's pull something off freight and give it to this guy." And yeah sometimes you can just go get that box off first but that always isn't feasible. Anyone else experience this?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Nothing more frustrating than stepping over (or on) a massive 150lb box all day only to deliver is as one of your last stops. It's always the last stop! So I started keeping track for one month. On 21 of 30 days my biggest box was loaded on my 8k shelf and on 2 other days it was loaded as a 7k number. Clearly there is a trend. Why the hell do they do this? I mean part of their bull:censored2: methods is having a clear walk path (yeah right lol). It's like they day "well this route only has so much volume, let's pull something off freight and give it to this guy." And yeah sometimes you can just go get that box off first but that always isn't feasible. Anyone else experience this?

Only thing it says is that the biggest boxes go to residential addresses.
Lazy bastards !!! LOL

Rack em

Made the Podium
If it gets to be to much of a problem I will get it delivered first or as soon as I can ,I don’t worry about that Orion crap they don’t harp on it at my building
Me too, funny story.... One day on a junk route I was missing one for an early business. It was a law firm so they usually get letters and small amazon boxes so I was searching my 1000 and 2000 shelf for it but never found it. As I kept delivering I kept having to move this massive bed frame looking box that the preloader put right in the middle of the truck so I could get to the packages under my 2000 shelf. I probably touched this big ass box 5 times before I got tired of it, so I moved it to the very back of my truck but wanted to check the address so I wouldn't forget about it and search for it later. Well it was the one I was missing from earlier...the receptionist decided to order a new baby crib to her work instead of her house :furious:

KOG72

I’m full of it
Me too, funny story.... One day on a junk route I was missing one for an early business. It was a law firm so they usually get letters and small amazon boxes so I was searching my 1000 and 2000 shelf for it but never found it. As I kept delivering I kept having to move this massive bed frame looking box that the preloader put right in the middle of the truck so I could get to the packages under my 2000 shelf. I probably touched this big ass box 5 times before I got tired of it, so I moved it to the very back of my truck but wanted to check the address so I wouldn't forget about it and search for it later. Well it was the one I was missing from earlier...the receptionist decided to order a new baby crib to her work instead of her house :furious:
Yeah I hate when that happens

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I definitely get a lot of larger boxes in my residentials, and the largest ones tend to be anywhere from my 5000 to 8000 shelves. Makes containment an issue quite often, but I move them out of the way as soon as I get my bulk stops off.

ManInBrown

Yup. Same here. And most days of the week my work at the end of the night is impossible to get rid of any earlier. I just laugh when I see that irreg. I almost always know I’m going to be tripping over it for 10 hours

KOG72

I’m full of it
Yup. Same here. And most days of the week my work at the end of the night is impossible to get rid of any earlier. I just laugh when I see that irreg. I almost always know I’m going to be tripping over it for 10 hours
About time for all the tv’s to start rolling in

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Me too, funny story.... One day on a junk route I was missing one for an early business... Well it was the one I was missing from earlier...the receptionist decided to order a new baby crib to her work instead of her house :furious:
And when she saw it she said, "that won't fit in my miata, can you deliver it to my house?"

Rack em

Made the Podium
And when she saw it she said, "that won't fit in my miata, can you deliver it to my house?"
I told her I'm really good at fitting big packages in small places and then winked at her. For some reason I am no longer allowed to deliver to that law firm?

MendozaJ

That last stop Wayfair piece will have a call tag in two days... and it will be one of your first stops because the route was split.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I break off to get those bombers off. Don't you? Even when I had to make it stop number one, messing up Orion, the big stuff has to come off.